Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: A low blow  (Read 6464 times)

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
Re: A low blow
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 02:42:40 am »
Bottle a mead, create a special label, and give it as a wedding present.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2012, 04:40:17 am »
So, finally, like almost always I just misunderstood and took things the wrong way. I think with stress from work plus the new baby on the way things are just getting overwhelming a little too fast these days. Time to RDWHAHB.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline Kit B

• Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2012, 07:03:49 am »
He's born and bred from San Diego

...Oh, so you found the trouble.
 ;D

(Only kindding, to play into the 'nationality of choice thing.)

Kid on the way?
Excellent!
Congrats!
I have one on the way, as well!
Exciting & stressful times, for certain.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2012, 07:23:45 am »
The bachelor party is supposed to be a Belgian beer cruise. I won't be brewing for that one ;-)
Wow.  Is this a cruise company, or are you guys renting your own boat?  how long is it?

No clue. Supposedly it pokes around Brugges or something. I think it's this: http://www.bonbeer.com/page47.php
That's a week long cruise!  That's his bachelor party?!  I'm really jealous!

+1

That sounds like a hellava great time!
Ron Price

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2012, 07:32:12 am »
The bachelor party is supposed to be a Belgian beer cruise. I won't be brewing for that one ;-)
Wow.  Is this a cruise company, or are you guys renting your own boat?  how long is it?

No clue. Supposedly it pokes around Brugges or something. I think it's this: http://www.bonbeer.com/page47.php

+1

We were just talking about it. It happens too late in the year, apparently. So it's a no-go, but perhaps I'll do this with the wife.
----

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2012, 07:39:26 am »

+1

We were just talking about it. It happens too late in the year, apparently. So it's a no-go, but perhaps I'll do this with the wife.

That'll work too!  :)
Ron Price

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2012, 10:12:26 am »
That will be a nice present to yourselves next year, but with a baby on the way (congratulations!) I'm not sure the timing will work out.  Or maybe I am just projecting. :)   Our kids are 6 and we haven't both gone away for a week without them.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2012, 11:09:35 am »
That will be a nice present to yourselves next year, but with a baby on the way (congratulations!) I'm not sure the timing will work out.  Or maybe I am just projecting. :)   Our kids are 6 and we haven't both gone away for a week without them.
We drug our poor kids everywhere we went starting when our son was 4 and our daughter was 2.  Since my family was 1200 miles away and hers was about 6000 we didn't have any built in baby sitters so the kids went with us.  They learned young how to sit in a carseat or airplane seat for endless hours and today in their 20's still have an intense love of travel.  Phil, I think your kids would love a Belgian beer cruise.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2012, 11:15:33 am »
We drug our poor kids everywhere we went starting when our son was 4 and our daughter was 2.  Since my family was 1200 miles away and hers was about 6000 we didn't have any built in baby sitters so the kids went with us.  They learned young how to sit in a carseat or airplane seat for endless hours and today in their 20's still have an intense love of travel.  Phil, I think your kids would love a Belgian beer cruise.
I assumed kids wouldn't be allowed :)  My family is on the east coast, the kids love flying.  And we can make the 3+ hour drive to Portland (her family) without stopping for a bathroom break. ;D
Tom Schmidlin

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2012, 11:17:34 am »
I assumed kids wouldn't be allowed :)  My family is on the east coast, the kids love flying.  And we can make the 3+ hour drive to Portland (her family) without stopping for a bathroom break. ;D
Kids are fine as long a they are drugged. then they don't cause so much trouble ;D
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2012, 12:03:03 pm »
I work with children and drugging them generally doesn't really get the results you're looking for.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2012, 01:21:31 pm »
We moved here specifically so we'd be closer to family, and the grandparents LOVE our first, they babysit him any time. havne't gone away for anything longer than two days, though. We'll see.

Kids would almost certainly be allowed on this cruise - this is Europe, not child-hating US and A ;)
----

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2012, 10:54:24 pm »
I work with children and drugging them generally doesn't really get the results you're looking for.

Hey man sorry to touch a sore spot! It's hard to work in a situation like that. My wife worked in a house for troubled boys when we met and it dragged her over the coals. Thanks for your service euge!
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2012, 11:21:47 pm »

Hey man sorry to touch a sore spot! It's hard to work in a situation like that. My wife worked in a house for troubled boys when we met and it dragged her over the coals. Thanks for your service euge!

Haha I was J/K but I do work with kids. And yes sometimes they need to be drugged in a serious way. Ketamine and morphine. :o  Then we can fix the owee. ;)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis