Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer Engine Parts Help  (Read 7119 times)

Offline DaveR

• Cellarman
Beer Engine Parts Help
« on: January 28, 2012, 09:00:33 am »
I recently found and purchased a Homark Beer engine. It was a little messy, but appeared to be in decent shape. I took it completely apart and cleaned it up. The seals and the piston were in surprisingly good shape. The John Guest swivel elbow on the output was cracked, but I found a replacement.

(If anyone ever needs the same part here's a link. Note that it's BSPT thread)
http://www.freshwatersystems.com/p-2550-swivel-elbow-bspt-516-x-14-bspt.aspx

After putting the engine pack together I tested it with water and it works great, except for one thing. The back flow preventer doesn't work like it should. It looks like the diaphragm in the preventer is misshapen. It sort of works, however it allows some back flow. I've searched and searched for a replacement part. I've even tried to contact Beer Engine companies in the US and the UK, but never heard back.

Does anyone know where I might find a replacement part? I would greatly appreciate any advice or assistance in locating a replacement, or an alternative. Here's a picture of the item in question. Thanks.

(Not that it matters, but these photos were taken before the rebuild.)

Offline anto66r

• 1st Kit
Re: Beer Engine Parts Help
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 03:29:30 am »
Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem:

have you had any luck?

Do you have any photos of the inside of your pump? I still haven't done this, but I will this weekend.

Antonio

Offline geepmaley

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 11:23:04 am »
Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem:

have you had any luck?

Do you have any photos of the inside of your pump? I still haven't done this, but I will this weekend.

Antonio

Resurrecting as I just got a Homark pump with the same fittings as Antonio (including the 90degree output). My problem is every bit of plastic in his picture (except the backflow preventer) is cracked and needs to be replaced. This includes the mating piece on the cylinder.

Bought mine from Ebay UK, so trying to get a refund would mean sending it back postage paid, costing more than I paid to get it in the first place (A friend brought it over recently when he flew from London).

Anyway, has anyone found replacement parts at all? Anywhere? US? UK? Other?

Offline tom

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 05:44:07 pm »
These guys have anything?
http://www.ukbrewing.com/default.asp
Brew on

Offline hoser

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 06:10:04 pm »
I have had good success with these guys in the past.  Very helpful customer service and reasonable shipping rates.  The problem is there are very few, if any domestic places to find beer engines or their replacement parts.  I did an extensive internet search and emailing a few years ago to find some parts.  These guys were the only people I found that were fairly responsive or had the parts I was looking for.  Shoot them an email if you have questions.

http://www.cfbsonline.co.uk/

Offline geepmaley

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 12:27:24 pm »
I have email into CFBS. Paul at UK Brewing is great for Angram, but not for others

The threaded part on the left in DaveR's picture (shown mounted to the cylinder)  on mine has sheared off (piece on left side in pic below) at the cylinder (leaving the threaded part in the cylinder still)  >:(

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:12:12 pm by geepmaley »