Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 2nd annual small batch:big thirst event, sf beer week  (Read 3011 times)

Offline muddypuddle

• Cellarman
2nd annual small batch:big thirst event, sf beer week
« on: January 29, 2012, 11:39:58 am »
hey everyone. shameless plug here.

i am organizing the 2nd annual small batch beer tasting fundraiser. it will happen during sf beer week. you can get your tix and more info at this link:

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2856410601/efblike

this event is a fundraiser for charities supported by the night train swimmers, which i am a part of. we swim ultra-distance events around the globe to raise awareness of and funds for our wounded veterans. since 2008 we have raised about $250k. our goal this year is to raise $1 million and this event kicks off our efforts in a fun way. our main event this year will be a swim from the golden gate bridge to the santa monica pier in la, about 330 nautical miles.

you can check out more about our group here:

www.nighttrainswimmers.org

and

www.sftolaswim.com

and lastly, if you are interested in participating in the competition or being a judge, please let me know. the event is unique in that the small batch homebrewers are bringing 2-6 5 gallon kegs of different beers for the comp. 1 of the beers was determined by dart toss and must use london ale yeast and fruit and/or vegetable. if you have the beer available, but obviously not the dart toss beer and want to join in, please let me know!

hope you can make it!

thanks-

phil

Offline muddypuddle

• Cellarman
Re: 2nd annual small batch:big thirst event, sf beer week
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 01:01:54 pm »
thanks to all who attended the small batch event. we had a great turn out (500+), enjoyed some great home brew and pro brew, and raised some significant funds for our wounded veterans.

these funds will go directly to semper fi fund. our mission is to save lives. it is hard for me to get my mind around the fact that everyday 18 veterans take their own life. they are heroes and for one reason or another are often neglected to deal with very real post-combat issues.

thanks for all your support!

congrats to poplar brewing of san francisco for taking the best of show with their sour rhubarb red!

phil