Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: #58 - Not too shabby!  (Read 7328 times)

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
Re: #58 - Not too shabby!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 10:50:03 pm »
We maybe gaining!   keep the fight!

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 09:28:25 am »
It should be titled "The World's Best Breweries According to American Beer Snobs".
I think I have some Stillwater beer I picked up in Alabama, I'll check when I get home. 

most likely you had Sweet Water. Never seen Still Water here.

I can't even get it where I am in Jersey, but a lot of that is probably due to the wacky distribution laws here and a perceived lack of local interest. He's based out of Baltimore, but he travels all over brewing on other people's equipment. Spends a lot of time in Belgium, obviously.

It's distributed by 12% Imports if you want to ask your local watering hole to procure some.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 09:34:16 am »
And Nate, I didn't mean to take anything away from your friend. While I haven't had his beers there are a lot of great and deserving breweries in the list that should be in the top 5 or 10 that aren't.

I didn't take it that way - I was just agreeing with the criticism of RateBeer. Like I said, I'm just happy to see the press for someone who is actually deserving of it.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 10:47:18 am »
Like any poll..this one is subjective all the same, but I must admit there are some really fine breweries on the list. There are  a few that didn't make the list, but that's part of the subjectivity. I would like to know the criteria used to make up the list. I wonder if they looked at the total number of GABF medals?
Ron Price

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 02:54:25 pm »
I was under the impression it was user content, but what do I know.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 08:07:40 pm »
Like any poll..this one is subjective all the same, but I must admit there are some really fine breweries on the list. There are  a few that didn't make the list, but that's part of the subjectivity. I would like to know the criteria used to make up the list. I wonder if they looked at the total number of GABF medals?

Of course you must know that people who rate and post on those sites think that the GABF and WBC are bogus, as the big breweries buy their medals and/or bribe the judges.  At least that is what some believe in the world of the beer rating sites.  How else can Miller Lite have all those WBC medals for such a bland beer?
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 10:19:04 pm »
else can Miller Lite have all those WBC medals for such a bland beer?

because they go up against other bland beers.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 06:32:18 am »
else can Miller Lite have all those WBC medals for such a bland beer?

because they go up against other bland beers.

You have it correct, and understand how the beer competitions work.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 09:57:06 am »
I feel bad for those judges... I would sit there and think "is this five glasses of the same beer? Of course it is, I choose C."