Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Summertime Wheat IPA Brew Day!!  (Read 22466 times)

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
Re: Summertime Wheat IPA Brew Day!!
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 11:53:43 am »
I will probably be transferring it to a secondary tomorrow so I can free up my primary fermenter for Pliny.

You might want to consider getting yourself a second primary fermenter.  You could totally avoid the need to transfer to secondary that way.
Joe

Offline cwilly006

• Cellarman
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 01:08:53 pm »
I will probably be transferring it to a secondary tomorrow so I can free up my primary fermenter for Pliny.

You might want to consider getting yourself a second primary fermenter.  You could totally avoid the need to transfer to secondary that way.

I actually just got one in the mail. I guess I would really need three. I don't mind the extra sanitizer and the chance of oxidation as I drink the beer pretty quickly
Primary: Hoppy Red Ale
Primary II: Hoppit IIPA
Secondary: DFH 90 Minute Clone
Bottled: Summer Wheat IPA, Pliny the Elder, Brown Bear IIBA, Sunny Sierra Blonde Ale
On Deck: Barkeater Brown Ale
Finished: Columbus IPA (Drank) Irish Red Ale (Drank) Gnaria IIPA (First Recipe), Citra IPA(Drank), GRK Ale (Drank)

Offline cwilly006

• Cellarman
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 11:52:32 pm »
Just bottled this. Got a fg of 1.017. Tastes great. I got 24 twelve oz bottles and 5 twenty-two oz bottles. I just got a refractometer for my birthday do super psyched!!
Bottled: Summer Wheat IPA, Pliny the Elder, Brown Bear IIBA, Sunny Sierra Blonde Ale
Finished: Columbus IPA (Drank) Irish Red Ale (Drank) Gnaria IIPA (First Recipe), Citra IPA(Drank), GRK Ale (Drank)

Offline ccfoo242

• Brewmaster
  • I drank what? - Socrates
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 05:04:36 pm »
Just bottled this. Got a fg of 1.017. Tastes great. I got 24 twelve oz bottles and 5 twenty-two oz bottles. I just got a refractometer for my birthday do super psyched!!

You may already know this, but FG readings with a refractometer need to be adjusted using this web site http://seanterrill.com/2012/01/06/refractometer-calculator/
Intra cervisiam est deus.

Offline cwilly006

• Cellarman
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 10:20:35 pm »

You may already know this, but FG readings with a refractometer need to be adjusted using this web site http://seanterrill.com/2012/01/06/refractometer-calculator/

Yep, I figured this out when I read that my FG was 1.040 so I got BeerSmith which has a converter built right into it.  Great birthday present!!

Offline cwilly006

• Cellarman
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 10:32:09 pm »
Just popped one of these and I must say it is extremely delicious!! Very citrusy and fruity.  A little bit of haze when its in the glass.  Perfect bitterness but I feel like it needs a little more in the flavor and aroma department.  I will be brewing this again soon with some tweaks!!  I suggest trying this IPA if your looking for a new recipe!