Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: How about least favorite style of beer?  (Read 12872 times)

Offline yugamrap

• Brewer
Re: How about least favorite style of beer?
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2010, 08:43:30 am »
Spice, Herb, Vegetable
+1 to this.  Also, I'm inclined to add "bottled commercial beers" to my list.  I'm too often disappointed because they've been somehow mistreated before I get them - old, oxidized, light struck....
...it's liquid bread, it's good for you!

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2010, 09:10:22 am »
Spice, Herb, Vegetable
+1 to this.  Also, I'm inclined to add "bottled commercial beers" to my list.  I'm too often disappointed because they've been somehow mistreated before I get them - old, oxidized, light struck....

This is a good call.  Man that stuff is disgusting.  I haven't had too many of them, but I really don't need to.  I guess I like to stick more to conventional styles.
Jesse

Offline tankdeer

• Brewer
  • Portland, OR
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2010, 09:39:06 am »
Irish Red. Seriously that stuff is vile. Always taste like a mouthful of pennies. I just don't see the appeal.

Oh, and extract beer..... whoops. Did I say that?  ;)
No TV and no beer make Homer something something...

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2010, 09:42:04 am »
Also, I'm inclined to add "bottled commercial beers" to my list.  I'm too often disappointed because they've been somehow mistreated before I get them - old, oxidized, light struck....

Depends a lot on where you get them.  At the place where I shop, I've never gotten a bad beer, either domestic or import.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tankdeer

• Brewer
  • Portland, OR
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2010, 09:44:17 am »
Also, I'm inclined to add "bottled commercial beers" to my list.  I'm too often disappointed because they've been somehow mistreated before I get them - old, oxidized, light struck....

Depends a lot on where you get them.  At the place where I shop, I've never gotten a bad beer, either domestic or import.
+1. I've had both experiences. You just need to learn the good places from the bad and stop giving the bad shops your business.
No TV and no beer make Homer something something...

Offline niquejim

• Cellarman
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2010, 06:08:27 pm »
I hate when beer tastes like fruit.

Damn, how did I forget that one?  I'm with ya, Keith!  And pretty much most styles of English beer, too.

Oh, so this was a lie. ;)

Let me just say...FREAKIN' FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!  A totally delicious beer, perfectly balanced. Sour up front, but the the mango kicks in mid palate. A throughly enjoyable experience.

Thanks so much for thinking of me when you sent them up. The mango strong was a real inspiration for me to try something crazy one of these days. When I do, you'll be sure you get some!

------------->Denny"
Burrowing Owl Brewery----Better things for better living...Through Debauchery and Inebriation

Offline bigdog

• 1st Kit
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2010, 09:39:35 pm »
i can't drink anything with wheat or fruit

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2010, 04:03:35 pm »
It totally blows my mind that some people do not like wheat beer or Belgians.

Belgians are my favorite.  :)

Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline Wheat_Brewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Bad Bunny Brewing
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2010, 06:19:12 pm »
I have to throw in lite beers...lacking flavor, aroma, color, and alcohol...is that even a real beer if it's missing so much?!
AHA Lifetime Member