Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Heretic Evil Twin  (Read 8524 times)

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
Heretic Evil Twin
« on: February 07, 2012, 11:47:49 am »
Well, since most everything I know about brewing came from JZ's "brewstrong" podcasts, I had to give this a try.  It wasn't easy getting some, as I live in Washington State, but I thought it was a very nice red ale.  Which, is one of my favorite styles.  I hope Heretic starts distributing in Wa soon. 

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Heretic Evil Twin
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 12:06:50 pm »
I want to try his beers very badly. As it is I have no hope for seeing any of them in Texas. For goodness sake I've never even tasted Pliny! :-[
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 12:09:49 pm »
I want to try his beers very badly. As it is I have no hope for seeing any of them in Texas. For goodness sake I've never even tasted Pliny! :-[

Well, depending on your motivation level, try this:

www.brewforia.com

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 12:31:50 pm »

www.brewforia.com

They're out of the Russian River. But this site has been bookmarked. Thanks!
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 12:33:36 pm »

I think Heretic will be pouring at NHC...did you get a ticket?
Ron Price

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 12:48:57 pm »

www.brewforia.com

that's a cool site. I will have to peruse that more at my leasure. Thanks! the valentine dinner seems like a great deal at 35.00 per person! perhaps weazletoe should take his lady there!
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 02:01:04 pm »

Don't get too excited Euge.  Read the shipping policy first.

http://brewforia.com/customer-service/#answer1

All transactions are void where prohibited by law. Due to restrictions in the respective state laws, we are not able to ship alcohol to AK, AR, DE, HI, KS, KY, ME, MD, MA, MI, MS, MT, NH, OK, PA, RI, SD, TX, UT, VA, WA and WV
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 02:08:58 pm »

Don't get too excited Euge.  Read the shipping policy first.

http://brewforia.com/customer-service/#answer1

All transactions are void where prohibited by law. Due to restrictions in the respective state laws, we are not able to ship alcohol to AK, AR, DE, HI, KS, KY, ME, MD, MA, MI, MS, MT, NH, OK, PA, RI, SD, TX, UT, VA, WA and WV
It's interesting that Wa is on that list.  I live in Wa, and they delivered to me. 

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 02:11:44 pm »
I'm in Virginia.  I didn't read the shipping policy ahead of time.  When I put in my address at checkout it said, "Sorry, no can do."  Or words to that effect.

Worth a shot to try it I guess if they haven't updated the that statement in awhile.  I imagine they're trying to get more states added as they go along.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 03:07:44 pm »

Not as far as I know.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 03:17:48 pm »

Not as far as I know.

I was told by Jamil's secretary that they were 95% sure they were going to be there. I'll be getting an email shortly to confirm that but I do think he will be there pouring.  :)
Ron Price

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 03:28:54 pm »

Not as far as I know.

I was told by Jamil's secretary that they were 95% sure they were going to be there. I'll be getting an email shortly to confirm that but I do think he will be there pouring.  :)

OTOH, Tom has the inside line on what breweries the WA liquor commission will allow.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 03:33:19 pm »

Not as far as I know.

OTOH, Tom has the inside line on what breweries the WA liquor commission will allow.

I'm sure Tom will chime in on that soon enough.  :)
Ron Price

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 04:43:11 pm »

Not as far as I know.

I was told by Jamil's secretary that they were 95% sure they were going to be there. I'll be getting an email shortly to confirm that but I do think he will be there pouring.  :)

I'm sure Tom will chime in on that soon enough.  :)
I chimed in with a "Not as far as I know" ;)

I asked the pro-night guys to put together a google doc with all of the info on confirmed/tentative breweries, but since they have day jobs they haven't done it yet.  Although I know for a fact one of them was on TV today doing a beer/food pairing for a local daytime show, so clearly he's slacking!

The main problem for Heretic (or any brewery) is that they need to be posted in WA - if they can't legally bring the beer to WA then they can't serve it.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 05:15:21 pm »
So Tom, does that mean my 10 remaining bombers of Evil Twin are contraband?

LOL.

It really is a very solid Red Ale.  Nice head, nice color, and quite tasty.