Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sam Adams Spring Seasonal...  (Read 4514 times)

Offline madscientist

• Brewer
Sam Adams Spring Seasonal...
« on: January 18, 2012, 08:42:29 pm »
...is not noble pils.  It's called Alpine Spring and it's an unfiltered Lager. Was out to dinner and the waiter said they had the SA Spring Seasonal.  I was surprised it was out so expecting Nobile Pils i said hell yea.  But it's not.  Not sure what to think about it yet.  It's not bad.  Decent... haven't had enough time to let it sink in.  That being said, the SA website says Noble pils is a part of the Brewmasters collection.  So can I now get this all year?  Am I late to the party?
Homebrewed since 2010

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: Sam Adams Spring Seasonal...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 11:29:29 am »
  That being said, the SA website says Noble pils is a part of the Brewmasters collection.  So can I now get this all year?  Am I late to the party?

From their website:

Samuel AdamsĀ® Noble Pils, which is now replaced as the spring seasonal by Samuel Adams Alpine Spring, will be available year-round in six-packs and 12-packs as part of the Samuel Adams Brewmasters Collection.

This makes me  :)
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline madscientist

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 01:48:23 pm »
  That being said, the SA website says Noble pils is a part of the Brewmasters collection.  So can I now get this all year?  Am I late to the party?

From their website:

Samuel AdamsĀ® Noble Pils, which is now replaced as the spring seasonal by Samuel Adams Alpine Spring, will be available year-round in six-packs and 12-packs as part of the Samuel Adams Brewmasters Collection.

This makes me  :)

Definately missed that.  But  good news for Noble Pils!  Hitting up the liquor store tomorrow for a sixer.
Homebrewed since 2010

Offline alcaponejunior

• Brewer
  • Latest creation: Big Smash Saturday
    • alcaponejunior.wordpress.com
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 03:27:29 pm »
I thought the alpine spring seasonal was pretty good, not spectacular but certainly drinkable.

I am glad the noble pils will be available year round though, it's my favorite SA beer.

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 04:41:46 pm »
Picked up a 22 oz bottle of the alpine spring the other day and just got around to pouring it today after work.  Pretty heavy acetaldehyde to me.  I'm not sure I've ever had a beer where the flavor was clearer.  I handed it to my wife, who is not much of a beer drinker, and said, "What does this smell like?".  Without prompting she said, "Apples." 

I think I'll finish this glass but the rest of the bomber is headed down the drain.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline shanhorn

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 12:30:06 pm »
I sorta liked the Whitewater IPA...in fact all 3 Spring SA beer releases are yummy!

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 03:05:28 pm »
Don't like it at all. Blech.  Neither do I care for their Coastal Wheat. Double Blech.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline bigchicken

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lincoln, NE
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 12:36:14 pm »
I had 3 pints of this at my local bar last weekend. I was surprised to see it on tap. I sorta liked it, but the weather needs to be warmer. I woke up to -8 degrees here in Nebraska this morning. Way too cold to be drinking something so light and cheery. They should release this beer in April.
TJ Cook

On Deck: Planning
Fermenting: Nothing
In bottles: It's All About MEAD!

Offline redzim

• Brewer
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 04:22:02 pm »
had this today for the first and last time. grabbed the Sam's Spring Mix pack. this (the Alpine Spring) is not good. (haven't tried the others yet) it's weirdly unbalanced. did not like the aftertaste of what I assume is the "honey malt" mentioned on the label. why is it unfiltered? it does not need to be... marketing gimmick I guess.

I hope I can still find the Noble Pils around here (didn't see it today...)

-red