Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pro Brewery software, Pc fermentation regulating  (Read 4986 times)

Offline outchillen

• 1st Kit
Pro Brewery software, Pc fermentation regulating
« on: February 09, 2012, 11:58:54 am »
Ive been doing alot of research and also searching forums, im curious what software breweries use for for monitoring their actual brewing process, i see a lot of breweries use some but they never tell me what they are, something like sabco brew magic but stand alone software, also what software to manage and follow their fermentation, anyone know id greatly appreciate it, thank you guys in advance

Offline dcbc

• Brewer
Re: Pro Brewery software, Pc fermentation regulating
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 09:15:56 am »
The scale of production seems to be pretty huge before it is monitored by software.  I'd wager that your typical regional craft brewer with a 15 barrel brewery and a handful of 30--60 barrel fermenters has a control panel on the brewery that looks like a larger version of what some pretty serious homebrewers have worked up for their systems.  Two pumps on the brewery, two pumps for HLT and CLT, flow control on the pumps, temperature control on the HLT and CLT and, if they're lucky, control for rakes in the mashtun.

Routing fluids is often handled at a junction box with tri-clover fittings and valves on the various tanks.  Levels are generally determined with sight glass/gauges.

Fermentation records and temperature control is often accomplished by Ranco controllers hooked up to the glycol pumps and clip boards hung on the fermenters.

I know the larger breweries are less hands on.  Don't know what software they are using.
I've consumed all of my home brew and still can't relax!  Now what!

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 09:22:07 am »
I don't know where the software (Brewmaxx) comes from, but here are a couple screen shots of what Sierra Nevada uses.  IIRC, when I was there in Nov. they were about to upgrade the software.

Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dcbc

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 11:25:27 am »
Fancy stuff.  When a buddy of mine was looking to purchase St. Arnold's old equipment last year, I tagged along.  They had some software setup that they basically never got up and running.  Instead, they were using Rancos and clip boards.  My brother in law toured their new brewery a few weeks ago and remarked about the clipboards on the fermenters that are apparently still doing just fine.
I've consumed all of my home brew and still can't relax!  Now what!

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 02:08:14 pm »
I don't know where the software (Brewmaxx) comes from, but here are a couple screen shots of what Sierra Nevada uses.  IIRC, when I was there in Nov. they were about to upgrade the software.

I think that is PLC controller display.
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline Gribble

• Assistant Brewer
    • Low Mo Brewing Company
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 07:11:02 pm »
Here's what I'm about to use in my system, 15 bbl on 30 bbl fermenters.
http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/
Low Mo Brewing Company
Industrial Grade Beer Brewed For Professionals

Offline outchillen

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 08:18:04 am »
THanks a lot guys, been looking into custom software written in VB, I helps getting actual user photos and ideas,