Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: wtb kegs for all grain system  (Read 8140 times)

Offline storm_ipa

• 1st Kit
wtb kegs for all grain system
« on: February 10, 2012, 11:40:34 am »
i'm in the atlanta georgia area and starting up my all grain system. anyone have a couple kegs for sale?
"He was a wise man who invented beer."

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: wtb kegs for all grain system
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 02:27:36 pm »
i'm in the atlanta georgia area and starting up my all grain system. anyone have a couple kegs for sale?

It may be good to check a local brewery in your area, if there is one.  They may have some old kegs they will sell you.  That's how I got mine.  And on that note, please realize the $45 deposit paid on a sankey keg doesn't come close to paying for that keg.  It still belongs to the brewery. 

Offline boapiu

• Cellarman
  • Arlington, TN
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:17:16 am »
unfortunately I am in miami or i would sell one of mine. also, i offer one thought about getting started. I transitioned directly to 10 gallon all grain from the 5 gallon extract in the kitchen. i bought a whole set up from a retired home brewer and it had the 15.5 gallon keggles. Unfortunately, using a keggle that size for boiling a 10 gallon batch is just a bit on the small side of things. It works but there is very little margin for getting to a boil without the boil over. I am considering a 20 gallon brew pot instead, once I save some money.
Beer is an ancient beverage that has been consumed as part of a balanced diet for centuries - it contains the goodness of sprouted grain extracted into rich liquid and fermented to produce a nutritional 'liquid cereal' beverage.

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 03:43:09 pm »
You'll catch a lot of grief for using a keg although the recycler's / junk yards will scrap them out for stainless or aluminum and it's okay.    :o

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 06:19:00 pm »
boapiu....PM me 8)
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee