Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: PHL  (Read 6376 times)

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
Re: PHL
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 06:00:41 am »
Man!  I'll be there Friday the 20th until Monday morning.  Couldn't you rearrange your father's birthday and come a week earlier?
We will be renting a car and stopping for lunch at Triumph downtown and then going to a couple museums before heading out to Bryn Athyn.
I've recently heard good things about South Philly Tap Room, which may be closer to the airport.

Can you rearrange your trip to be a week later? :)  If I moved my Dad's birthday to a week earlier then I'd have to move my anniversary too . . .
So it's all about you. ;)
I'll see you at NHC.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 10:36:41 pm »
Man!  I'll be there Friday the 20th until Monday morning.  Couldn't you rearrange your father's birthday and come a week earlier?
We will be renting a car and stopping for lunch at Triumph downtown and then going to a couple museums before heading out to Bryn Athyn.
I've recently heard good things about South Philly Tap Room, which may be closer to the airport.

Can you rearrange your trip to be a week later? :)  If I moved my Dad's birthday to a week earlier then I'd have to move my anniversary too . . .
So it's all about you. ;)
I'll see you at NHC.
Glad you're catching on ;D

NHC it is!
Tom Schmidlin

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 05:49:26 am »
So did you make it to City Center from the airport?
We had good beers and a nice lunch at Triumph on Chestnut, just down the street from the Liberty Bell Park.
There sure are a lot of good gastropubs in Philly.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 09:22:59 am »
I did, I took a cab from PHL to Monk's.  I liked it, I had a couple of beers there - it is a nice place and I'm glad I went, but the draft beer list had nothing I couldn't get here, Lost Abbey, Elysian, Chimay, De Ranke, Allagash.  I still had time so I walked up the street to Nodding Head and had the sampler, they had a lot of good beers on tap.  My brother's plane got in early, so his wife picked him up and came up to the brewery, then we hung out and waited for traffic to clear up a bit.  I'm glad i went there too. :)
Tom Schmidlin