Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Super Bowl Food!!!  (Read 8204 times)

Offline brewmichigan

• Brewer
Re: Super Bowl Food!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 02:52:47 pm »
my wife works and i'm not really a fan of either team playing, so i'm cooking pulled beef for my dad and chicken wings for my father in law.  i'm sure i'll throw myself somehthing on there, but i'm not sure what yet.

ok, so this went from a couple chucks and wings for others to....

3 chuck roasts for pulled beef
3 packages of wings
ribeyes
a beef/pork fatty
brats

and a shedload of vegetables....

Good for you! Now your getting in the game  :D
Mike --- Flint, Michigan

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 09:08:02 pm »
Alright, what's everyone making for the Super Bowl? I haven't decided but I'm probably going with either a thai chicken pizza or some smoked bbq chicken pizza. Let's post some great tailgating recipes!

Wanna post that Thai chicken pizza recipe?  I'm not watching the game, but I can eat pizza!

I saw this recipe on the King Arthur Flour blog once and always wanted to try it. I've had a few different thai pizzas in restaurants  and want to make one at home. It also uses white whole wheat flour. Bonus!

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/thai-chicken-pizza-recipe

Here's there blog about it with some nice step by step directions.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2010/02/05/thai-chicken-pizza/

Thanks, man!  King Arthur rocks...it's the only flour I use!

You mean there are other types of flour... ;D

Love KABF!

Grind your own that is the best.

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 11:09:23 pm »
Sad the gas tank isn't thawed, yet.

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 11:41:25 pm »
Alright, what's everyone making for the Super Bowl? I haven't decided but I'm probably going with either a thai chicken pizza or some smoked bbq chicken pizza. Let's post some great tailgating recipes!

Wanna post that Thai chicken pizza recipe?  I'm not watching the game, but I can eat pizza!

I saw this recipe on the King Arthur Flour blog once and always wanted to try it. I've had a few different thai pizzas in restaurants  and want to make one at home. It also uses white whole wheat flour. Bonus!

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/thai-chicken-pizza-recipe

Here's there blog about it with some nice step by step directions.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2010/02/05/thai-chicken-pizza/

Thanks, man!  King Arthur rocks...it's the only flour I use!

You mean there are other types of flour... ;D

Love KABF!

Grind your own that is the best.

what do you use to grind your own? I am wondering if a few trips through a three roller monster mill with removal of chaff between each would net me some decent, if course flour.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 06:16:48 am »
I'm not making them for the superbowl but I did make my smoked hot wings with buffalo jerked sauce for a play off game a few weeks ago.

Easy to make, pick large wings (not those skimpy wings you get at restaurants) and salt and pepper and add a little dry rub of sage. Then slather them in your favorite hot sauce for 30 minutes or so whilst you fire up the smoker (I prefer hickory, or a blend of hickory and fruit wood). Once it is good and hot start smoking them. I smoke them for about 2 hours.

Meanwhile make the jerked buffalo sauce. Basically just hot sauce, butter, a splash of worschester (or however the hell you spell it) if'n ya want. Then grind up some all spice, a few shakes of cinnamon, and some mace. Once the wings are getting close to being times up dunk each one in the hot sauce and crumble a little blue cheese on each one and then broil them for 10-20 minutes to crisp them up a bit. Add fresh sauce and serve with blue cheese (or ranch if you are a wanker) and celery.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 06:19:07 am by majorvices »

Offline Pawtucket Patriot

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Rebelling against cheap swill since 2005
    • Bauhaus Brew Labs
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 04:22:56 pm »
Jerk chicken slow cooked on the grill with pecan wood, jerk spiced potato wedges, and an habanero mustard sauce as a condiment.  Also, this...  (Sam is my 2.5 year old 8))

Matt Schwandt | Minneapolis, MN
AHA Member

Partial-Mash Pictorial
All-Grain Pictorial