General Category > Pimp My System

Brew Stand 3.0

<< < (2/5) > >>

bluesman:
That is a beauty for sure. It will last several lifetimes. I have an all SST Brutus 10 clone that looks very similar. Yours is a bit wider but close to the same width and height. You are going to love it for sure. It takes a while to get use to the pumps but other than that it works like a well lit brewstand.  ;)

Very nice!  :)

dcbc:
Thanks.  I have used this pump for whirlpooling and transfer to the fermenter on my last brew stand, but I think I never realized how I don't just need to prime to get liquid into the pump, but to get air out of the line leading to the pump. 

The biggest problem was not accounting for the water under the false bottom.  I had used a cooler with a bazooka screen up to this point. 

Attached a water proof switch for the pump to the stand this afternoon.  Going to get the pump wired to the switch and wires run through conduit by tomorrow afternoon if all goes according to plan.

tubercle:
Did you do a test run in with just water first? I mean a complete brew start-to-finish just like you normally would minus the grain & hops. Great way to test pumps, flow rates, leaks, etc..before comitting to production.

chezteth:
Gorgeous!  I would love to have a horizontal brew stand but that is for another day.

bluesman:

--- Quote from: tubercle on February 26, 2012, 08:16:19 AM ---Did you do a test run in with just water first? I mean a complete brew start-to-finish just like you normally would minus the grain & hops. Great way to test pumps, flow rates, leaks, etc..before comitting to production.

--- End quote ---

+1

This is what I did when I built my brewstand. Can't hurt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version