Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Orlando, FL  (Read 2657 times)

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
Orlando, FL
« on: February 19, 2012, 08:21:39 pm »
So the Army, in its infinite wisdom, has decided that the best place for me to go for a physical is Orlando FL. Since it is a free flight and hotel, I am hoping to get some great beer while I am out there. I will be there for 2 nights and 3 days, with really nothing to do after 4:30pm. I won't have a rental car, but I am totally able to walk a mile or so, and I am willing to take any public transportation. Also, some recommendations for good beer from FL that I can't get in WA would be great too, I plan on bringing back 4-5 bottles at least.

Offline sparkleberry

• Brewer
Re: Orlando, FL
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 09:49:07 pm »
world of beer, total wine & more and redlight redlight will be your friend.  seek any one of these. 

i was just at my parents house for christmas and tried many florida beers and didn't find any that pleased my palate.  you'll find many great east coast beers you may not be able to find in my home state of washington(yakima born) at total wine & more. 

cheers.
cheers.

rpl
apertureales

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
Re: Orlando, FL
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 04:15:56 am »
As sparkleberry says, Total Wine is probably your best bet for a beer store.  You can find Swamphead, Cigar City and possibly Tampa Bay Brewing's Old Elephant Foot (in 16 oz. cans).  Orlando Brewing Partners is also available.
Rossi's Pizza is a good beer bar and where the Central Florida Homebrew Club meets (first Sundays).
I don't know that there is anything that's walkable in Orlando.  It's spread out and made for drivers.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995