Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Temp control ideas  (Read 5131 times)

Offline storm_ipa

• 1st Kit
Re: Temp control ideas
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 04:37:33 pm »
Awesome! Thanks. March is going to be christmas for me. I'll post a build thread for anyone interested.
"He was a wise man who invented beer."

Offline bassface74

• Cellarman
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 11:58:53 am »
Is it possible to by a temp controller and a ferm wrap, set the fridge at it's highest temp setting (45 degrees for example) then just have the ferm wrap turn off and on using the controller?  Or do you have to be able to adjust the fridge temp as well?  I don't really want to spend the money on a dual stage controller.

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 12:30:09 pm »
Is it possible to by a temp controller and a ferm wrap, set the fridge at it's highest temp setting (45 degrees for example) then just have the ferm wrap turn off and on using the controller?  Or do you have to be able to adjust the fridge temp as well?  I don't really want to spend the money on a dual stage controller.

You need to control the fridge also.  When your controller calls for heat and turns on the fermwrap, you don't want the fridge to continue trying to keep the temp at 45.  That would just be a never ending war between the fridge constantly trying to cool and the fermwrap constantly trying to heat.

Probably waste enough money that way on electric bills to pay for the two-stage :)
Joe