Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Manifold Placement in Fridge  (Read 6277 times)

Offline roguejim

• Brewer
Manifold Placement in Fridge
« on: February 15, 2012, 01:07:16 pm »
I received my 4 faucets, shanks, and accessories for my fridge conversion.  Now, I'd appreciate some advice or ideas as to where to place the 4-way manifold in the fridge.  The fridge's floor area is slightly over 4 square feet, and will hold 4 cornies fairly easily.  The CO2 tank will be on the outside.  Is it necessary to bolt/mount it on the inner fridge wall?  Is there a simpler way?  Thanks.

Offline mabrungard

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Water matters!
    • Bru'n Water
Re: Manifold Placement in Fridge
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 01:59:39 pm »
I was just in your position.  If your fridge is like mine, there is a set of rails on the back wall of the fridge that the shelves plug in to.  There are holes in the rails every inch or something like that. 

My 4-way manifold has 4 sheet steel legs.  I just turned the manifold vertical and put 2 of the legs into the holes in one of the rails.  Now its up and out of the way. It seems to be fairly secure, but nothing other than a gravity fit is holding it in place. 
Martin B
Carmel, IN

BJCP National
Foam Blowers of Indiana (FBI)

Brewing Water Information at:
https://www.brunwater.com/

Like Bru'n Water on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Brun-Water-464551136933908/?ref=bookmarks

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 02:03:15 pm »
I mounted mine in about the same place Martin did and used zip ties through the rail slots to hold it in place.
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline roguejim

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 02:10:10 pm »
You guys lucked out with your fridge design.  Unfortunately, mine has slots that are molded into the side walls, which run from front to back.  The trays simply slid in from the front.  Nothing to hang it from inside.

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 02:13:03 pm »
You really don't have to mount it. You could let it "float" and let the gas lines hold it in suspension.  Not as neat & tiddy but functional...
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 02:23:12 pm »
I put mine outside and just put extra holes for the lines to run in.  That way it is easily accessible from the outside and I can change pressure as needed.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 02:30:36 pm »
sounds like a job for super glue!
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Ron Price

Offline roguejim

• Brewer
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 03:22:39 pm »
Thanks everyone.

If I was to mount it to an inner wall, wouldn't I need bolts to go all the way through the wall, rather than just screwing into the plastic wall/insulation?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:24:57 pm by roguejim »

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 03:27:06 pm »
Thanks everyone.

If I was to mount it to an inner wall, wouldn't I need bolts to go all the way through the wall, rather than just screwing into the plastic wall/insulation?

Not if you glue and screw the manifold into place. You could also opt to use industrial double sided tape (3M) and screws.
Ron Price

Offline roguejim

• Brewer
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 04:59:18 pm »
Thanks everyone.

Not if you glue and screw the manifold into place. You could also opt to use industrial double sided tape (3M) and screws.

Really?  That plastic wall would hold up?  When it comes time to replace the fridge, will it be a major hassle breaking the glue loose, .i.e, will it be a pain getting the old glue and broken pieces of plastic off the back of the manifold?

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 07:28:29 pm »
you could glue a pice of 3/4" ply wood to the fridge and screw the manifold to that. It doesn't need to be super strong or anything there isn't much in the way of force being applied to the manifold.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 07:29:06 pm »
you could glue a pice of 3/4" ply wood to the fridge and screw the manifold to that. It doesn't need to be super strong or anything there isn't much in the way of force being applied to the manifold.

Good idea!
Ron Price

Offline roguejim

• Brewer
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 12:42:07 am »

Sounds good and simple.  Would Super Glue be adequate?

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 04:29:37 am »

Sounds good and simple.  Would Super Glue be adequate?

I would score the plastic with some sand paper or something sharp and use superglue or silicone.
Ron Price