Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Randall 3.0  (Read 5191 times)

Offline cash

• 1st Kit
Randall 3.0
« on: February 14, 2012, 12:15:50 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmPrg1pq1x8  Anyone on the forum made one of these? Dogfish has posted the part list and a picture. What I can't understand is what exactly directs the beer into the hop vessel before it goes into the de-foaming vessel?Could the air vents be the answer? I've seen previous versions in action but not the #.0 version. Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 12:35:04 pm by cash »

Offline PSUhomebrewer

• Cellarman
Re: Randall 3.0
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 04:23:05 am »
I would guess there is smaller internal piping and the PVC that is visible is used to secure the two chambers. If my assumption is correct the  line from the keg enters the bottom pushing the beer through the hops to an open tube in the top that then funnels it into the defoaming chamber, which from first look fills from the top and is the drained from the bottom.

Offline cash

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 08:26:23 am »
I am assembling a Randall 3.0(http://www.dogfish.com/files/Randall...guide.pdf).The parts list includes a Micro-matic faucet adapter CK-035 which evidently does not exist on Micro-matic's web site.The part must thread into the 7/8-14 bushing and allow connection to a beer line. Anyone have any suggestions to an alternative part.For anyone interested I am including a You-tube video of the Randall in use. Dogfish Head Randall The Enamel Animal v3.0 @ The Red Hot - YouTube. Thanks in advance for any help...Cash

Offline jciroli

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 09:04:59 pm »
I am acquiring the parts to build one but I am stuck on the PVC bushing from Progressive Machine. There is no part number and I don't really know what it is. Does anyone know what this part is and how to order it?

Offline cash

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 07:11:59 am »
Progressive Machining is probably out at this time.I purchased the last one they had about 10 days ago. They are really nice people to work with and would be glad to let you know when they plan to machine some more bushings. They are machined individually by hand and were made originally specifically for one of Sam's engineers at DFH. Give them a call at 302-422-8913, tell them what you are making .They"ll know which bushing you are needing. It has no part number.Good luck