Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: interesting read  (Read 1884 times)

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline dimik

• Assistant Brewer
Re: interesting read
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 09:21:35 pm »
Yeah... funny thing is that all those beverages taste the same.
Check out BKYeast for my yeast ranching adventures and home lab!

Primary: Braggot, Petite Saison, Porter, Herbal IPA

On Tap: RyeIPA

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 09:25:19 pm »
I like how Coors is compared to watered down pee water. ;D
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline csu007

• Brewer
  • Littleton, CO
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 12:37:10 am »
The article is so true. but speaking of Coors = piss water, Since i live a mere 15min from the Coors plant i have been "a few" times (followed by Golden City great microbrewery). However, on of the tours there some visitors from the the mid-west and they asked the tour guide if she know any place in town that had good food and served bud light, she quickly stated that the waste water in-front of the building would be a good substitute, everybody laughed. While Coors is no better than bud light, they have a small off shoot craft brewery that makes some damn good beer (winter fest, Colorado native (only sold in CO)
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drank, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, “It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 09:54:36 am »
The article is so true. but speaking of Coors = piss water, Since i live a mere 15min from the Coors plant i have been "a few" times (followed by Golden City great microbrewery). However, on of the tours there some visitors from the the mid-west and they asked the tour guide if she know any place in town that had good food and served bud light, she quickly stated that the waste water in-front of the building would be a good substitute, everybody laughed. While Coors is no better than bud light, they have a small off shoot craft brewery that makes some damn good beer (winter fest, Colorado native (only sold in CO)

The Barman Pils is very good, if you can find it.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline csu007

• Brewer
  • Littleton, CO
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 01:26:20 pm »
I looked it up and sandlot brewery (inside Coors Field) makes it. I have been the CF dozen of times and have not been to the sandlot brewery yet. I need to go, i here they make some good beer, but there are so many good breweries in the state (140ish at last count) it's hard to visit all them :)
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drank, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, “It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.