Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Cannot post a picture to my profile  (Read 11496 times)

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
Cannot post a picture to my profile
« on: December 27, 2011, 09:30:02 am »
I am trying to post a picture to my profile from my flickr site and while the picture was uploaded it appears as a non-recognized icon. Is there a file size limit to the size of the picture uploaded? Any help is appreciated, cheers!
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Cannot post a picture to my profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 09:31:12 am »
Max size is 640x480
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 09:38:45 am »
I am trying to post a picture to my profile from my flickr site and while the picture was uploaded it appears as a non-recognized icon. Is there a file size limit to the size of the picture uploaded? Any help is appreciated, cheers!

Your profile pic is pointing at your flickr page for that photo.  You need to point to the url of the photo itself (which flickr makes as hard as possible to find).  Try using http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2740/4387921094_c8160c5b1a_z.jpg

Should show up as...

...although, for your profile pic, you still might need to resize.

Oh, and love the backdrop :)
Joe

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 10:06:43 am »

Your profile pic is pointing at your flickr page for that photo.  You need to point to the url of the photo itself (which flickr makes as hard as possible to find).  Try using http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2740/4387921094_c8160c5b1a_z.jpg

Should show up as...

Thanks! Worked like a charm, although it looks like I will need to re-size when I get a chance!

...although, for your profile pic, you still might need to resize.

Oh, and love the backdrop :)
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline brushvalleybrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Centre Hall, PA
    • Brush Valley Brewer
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 03:30:51 pm »
Gotta love NOLA! ;)
In a humble log cabin off an unregarded back road, somewhere, deep in the heart of Pennsylvania’s hill country, we find our intrepid hero — the Brush Valley Brewer.