General Category > Extract/Partial Mash Brewing

Like visiting an old friend.....

(1/2) > >>

yeastmaster:
I've been doing almost exclusively all-grain brewing for a number of years now but recently life has been getting too hectic to find the time for a all-grin batch.  Really having the urge to brew I brewed up an extract version of my Irish Red yesterday.  Boy what a great brew session!  Nice and relaxing!  I was able to get it brewed up, into the fermenter, and yeast pitched in the couple of hours I had between work shifts!  I might have to start doing sessions like this more often!   ::)

denny:
Last summer, I brewed my first extract batch in maybe 9 years in order to come up with a recipe kit for NB. It took me 2 hours longer than AG!

ndcube:

--- Quote from: denny on January 27, 2010, 09:21:23 AM ---Last summer, I brewed my first extract batch in maybe 9 years in order to come up with a recipe kit for NB. It took me 2 hours longer than AG!

--- End quote ---

Took that long for the LME to pour out this time of year!?

denny:
:)

After I steeped the grains for 45 min., I then added hops for FWH and let those sit for another 20 min. or so.  All that happened in the house.  Then I moved everything out to the garage so I could do a full boil.  If I was gonna start doing extract batches regularly, I'd come up with a better method!

Beertracker:
Nothing wrong with RDWHAHB! I like making mead for much the same reason.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version