Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: proprietary hops in beersmith2  (Read 1769 times)

Offline melferburque

• Cellarman
proprietary hops in beersmith2
« on: February 17, 2012, 01:08:12 pm »
what's the easiest solution to using ingredients not listed in beersmith?  I've been brewing a lot lately with falconer's flight, but I have to guess on the ingredients when trying to build a recipe.  I typically just add half the amount used as simcoe and half as citra, but I honestly have no idea if this is correct.

there are other ingredients I've used as well (juniper, cardamom, etc) that aren't always listed, but I usually just add those to the notes.  I doubt they're affecting IBU or gravity enough to worry about.
weirdo in a weird land.

Offline jmcamerlengo

• Brewmaster
Re: proprietary hops in beersmith2
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 01:20:26 pm »
You can add an ingredient yourself manually.

Just click the ingredients tab. go the section you want and click add grain, or add hop.

Use the AA% info on the package of your hops and your golden :)
Jason
-Head Brewer, Brewtus Brewers in the Shenango Valley. Hopefully opening a brewpub/nano brewery in the next couple years.

Offline melferburque

• Cellarman
Re: proprietary hops in beersmith2
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 02:53:50 pm »
You can add an ingredient yourself manually.

Just click the ingredients tab. go the section you want and click add grain, or add hop.

Use the AA% info on the package of your hops and your golden :)

I wasn't sure if the software was calculating based on other aspects as well, since the package doesing usually list beta-amylase % or anything like that.  if it's just AA%, awesome!  thanks!
weirdo in a weird land.