Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Green Flash Rayon Vert  (Read 2234 times)

Offline ryang

• Brewer
  • Indian Hills CO
Green Flash Rayon Vert
« on: February 22, 2012, 01:06:52 pm »

"If Green Flash were founded in historical Belgium, Rayon Vert would have been our flagship brew. A bold layering of hops finds balance from traditional malts. Bottle conditioning with fresh ale yeast and Brettanomyces finishes the beer, adding a delightful effervescence, dryness and continuously evolving character. Rayon Vert is Green Flash."

Had the first 12oz bottle of the 4 pack last night.  First impression - dang, these bottles are awesome!
Pour carefully - this one has lots of carbonation and will easily fill your glass with stark white fluff.
Smells fantastic.  A combination of sweet pils malt, floral/spicy hop and an almost smack you in the face leather from the brett.  Some tropical fruit hints as well.
Taste is all the aroma and then some.  Brett and hop up front with a lingering bitterness.  Carbonation dances on your tongue.  Brett is much more assertive than orval (the best comparison I've tasted).  Bitterness is in the same range as Orval as well.
Finish is dry.  Real dry.  With a firm bitter linger.
Being that I've never had fresh Orval, I'm not one to say, but it seems like the brettanomyces is much more assertive in this - even at this stage. 
We'll see what the other 3 bottles do with a little bit of age.

The dregs are being cultured as we speak...