Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: WLP001 fermented cold  (Read 16159 times)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: WLP001 fermented cold
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 06:04:01 am »
I was thinking about this some more and I think either yeast can be used for a super clean almost "lager-like" strain and both work well at cold temps but that the difference is WY1007 will accentuate the malt better and WLP001/W1056 accentuated hops better. Also, along that note, the dry version US-05 is not as clean as the liquid version and has a more harsh profile that can be hidden quite well by American hoppy ales or stouts and the like but does not sub as well for alts and mock lagers even at cold temps.

Offline veldy

• Cellarman
Re: Re: WLP001 fermented cold
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2012, 07:23:58 pm »
I think I could say that WLP001 is THE cleanest ale yeast available today. The key to this yeast is pitching cool 58-62F, then controlling the ferm temp by keeping less than 68F. YMMV.

Have your tried Denny's Favorite from WYeast?  That is even cleaner.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
WLP001 fermented cold
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2012, 08:06:00 pm »
I think I could say that WLP001 is THE cleanest ale yeast available today. The key to this yeast is pitching cool 58-62F, then controlling the ferm temp by keeping less than 68F. YMMV.

Have your tried Denny's Favorite from WYeast?  That is even cleaner.

Check's in the mail, Tom!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell