Author Topic: So i have this "friend"...  (Read 7934 times)

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Mecca, Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: So i have this "friend"...
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2012, 02:18:06 PM »
That's the way to see a movie! I really enjoyed it. There were a few turns from the book. Most I understand due to time constraints. One big one though did not make any sense to me. I thought it was done really well though.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • View Profile
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2012, 04:16:39 PM »
Well Weaze, did you like it?

We went to a theater that has VIP tickets.  Bought them on line, had an assigned seat and best of all, it was licensed with a lounge and wait staff that would bring you beer in the theater, during the movie.  Now, if they just had some decent beer. 
Glad we went this route, huge lineups but we got to walk in whenever we felt like it and had a nice relaxing drink before the movie.  Movie was good too.

man I gotta find a theatre like that around here. I saw the second Harry Potter movie the night before it opened cause a friend was the manager of the theatre and they have to play the whole thing to check the print. so I could drink, smoke. whatever. in my recollection that was the best of the harry potter movies but I could be wrong.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline loopy

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2012, 07:16:19 PM »
Me and my daughter went to watch the movie today at 4:45 after she got out of school.  We went to studio movie grill which has a nice setup, they have nice chairs and tables and a menu and you just push a button for your waiter to come around.  4 beers and 2 popcorns later we were done with the movie.  (man I had to pee after 2.5 hours!).

The movie was good, we both liked it.  The best part was we had the entire theater to ourselves, not a single person was there except us so not only did we get kick ass seats in the middle up close, we could talk about the movie and the changes from the book whenever we wanted. 

She's gonna be sick tomorrow for school, (aka playing hooky), and were both headed to the country to go hunt hogs this weekend.  Hope to leave at 10:30-11am ish.  She is taking a 410 but what she doesn't know is that I am going to officially give it to her over the weekend. 

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2012, 08:11:47 PM »
  She's gonna be sick tomorrow for school, (aka playing hooky), and were both headed to the country to go hunt hogs this weekend.  Hope to leave at 10:30-11am ish.  She is taking a 410 but what she doesn't know is that I am going to officially give it to her over the weekend.

Awesome. The stuff memories are made from. Take your kid hunting, don't hunt for your kids... Back to your regularly scheduled thread.
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2012, 08:47:05 PM »
Me and my daughter went to watch the movie today at 4:45 after she got out of school.  We went to studio movie grill which has a nice setup, they have nice chairs and tables and a menu and you just push a button for your waiter to come around.  4 beers and 2 popcorns later we were done with the movie.  (man I had to pee after 2.5 hours!).

The movie was good, we both liked it.  The best part was we had the entire theater to ourselves, not a single person was there except us so not only did we get kick ass seats in the middle up close, we could talk about the movie and the changes from the book whenever we wanted. 

Very nice, that is great you get to do that with your daughter, I hope most homebrewers that have young kids follow your lead!

Weaze time for grand kids. just saying the same for Roffy and Beersk (beer queer ;) )
Tribute Brewing

Offline Bret

• Assistant Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2012, 10:12:20 AM »
Woody Harrelson as Haymitch has got to be one of the most clever casting calls I've ever seen.  Does anyone know if they plan to do the other two books as films?
Member #: 900000767

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2012, 02:51:17 PM »
Woody Harrelson as Haymitch has got to be one of the most clever casting calls I've ever seen.  Does anyone know if they plan to do the other two books as films?
They are doing the second book as one movie and the third as two movies ala Harry Potter in order to grab more cash.  I'm embarassed to say that I'll be paying to see them all...

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Mecca, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2012, 03:34:08 PM »
Gmac, don't be embarrassed. I'll be at the premier of all of them. I was in line for six hours to see the first one.  :-\

And Boulder, grandkids!? Dude, I'm 34 and don't even have kids!

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2012, 09:39:01 PM »
Gmac, don't be embarrassed. I'll be at the premier of all of them. I was in line for six hours to see the first one.  :-\

And Boulder, grandkids!? Dude, I'm 34 and don't even have kids!

Well your kids would be my grand kids.

On second thought that would not be good.

Just walk far far away, and don't look back at that drunk crazy man.
Tribute Brewing

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Mecca, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2012, 09:13:44 AM »
I always thought of you as more of a big brother than a father. So, instead of the grandpa, you're be more like the strange uncle the kids aren't allowed to be alone with for to long.  ;D

Offline loopy

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2012, 06:04:46 PM »
Turns out hog hunting was a bust, but my daughter did get on some wabbits with a .22. 

I am including this picture only because her words after this were, and I s*** you not, "I am Katniss!"

Offline bluesman

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Delaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2012, 06:09:05 PM »
Turns out hog hunting was a bust, but my daughter did get on some wabbits with a .22. 

I am including this picture only because her words after this were, and I s*** you not, "I am Katniss!"

She sure looks proud of that wabbit.  :)
Ron Price

Offline loopy

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2012, 06:14:25 PM »
for the record, that was her very first kill of anything barring a mosquito or fly.  ..  editing to add ..  we ate it that night. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 06:17:31 PM by loopy »

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2012, 02:51:01 PM »
Awesome.
My favourite way to do cottontail is this:
Boil the rabbit and remove all the meat from the bones.
In a big cast iron skillet, melt a huge gob of butter and throw in some sliced onions and mushrooms and cook them until they are nice a soft, throw in the rabbit and heat it all through.  I love rabbit this way.  That's how my Dad did it.  Glad to see you carrying on a tradition.
Now, get her out providing rabbits to all your impoverished neighbours and keep her away from guys named Gale or Peeta.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2012, 10:33:43 PM »
Wow. Nice kill. A heart-shot?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis