General Category > Equipment and Software

March Pump orientation/mounting tutorial

<< < (2/3) > >>

walteratmarchpump:

--- Quote from: phillamb168 on March 01, 2012, 03:07:48 AM ---Pictures and everything. This is really, really great info, and I definitely have mine mounted like #6 in the photo. Will change that this weekend for sure.

Walter, do you guys have housings you sell for multiple pumps? Or perhaps have any diagrams on how to build one? My two 809HS are 'loose' at the moment (took them inside for the winter and cleaned them etc) and I'd like a better/more portable solution than the bucket they're currently in.

--- End quote ---

I'm not quite sure i follow what you are saying... Do you mean if the pumps have different heads you fit on the motor brackets?? Then the answer is no...each bracket is designed to hold that pump. So all the 809 pumps are interchangeable but you wont be able to fit lets say one of the MDX pump heads on it or visa-versa.
And not quite sure what you mean by "Loose" if you mean its just there and not mounted down to anything then do a search on the internet. I dont knwo if anyone has posted it here before but i have seen other places where people have taken the 809 pump assembly and mounted it inside a plastic tool box with just teh pump head sticking out. Then they have a switch mounted on the top lid and when you open the lid up you have storgae for power cord and any fittings etc...

phillamb168:

--- Quote from: walteratmarchpump on March 01, 2012, 07:51:47 AM ---
--- Quote from: phillamb168 on March 01, 2012, 03:07:48 AM ---Pictures and everything. This is really, really great info, and I definitely have mine mounted like #6 in the photo. Will change that this weekend for sure.

Walter, do you guys have housings you sell for multiple pumps? Or perhaps have any diagrams on how to build one? My two 809HS are 'loose' at the moment (took them inside for the winter and cleaned them etc) and I'd like a better/more portable solution than the bucket they're currently in.

--- End quote ---

I'm not quite sure i follow what you are saying... Do you mean if the pumps have different heads you fit on the motor brackets?? Then the answer is no...each bracket is designed to hold that pump. So all the 809 pumps are interchangeable but you wont be able to fit lets say one of the MDX pump heads on it or visa-versa.
And not quite sure what you mean by "Loose" if you mean its just there and not mounted down to anything then do a search on the internet. I dont knwo if anyone has posted it here before but i have seen other places where people have taken the 809 pump assembly and mounted it inside a plastic tool box with just teh pump head sticking out. Then they have a switch mounted on the top lid and when you open the lid up you have storgae for power cord and any fittings etc...

--- End quote ---

Yeah, tool box approach is what I'm getting at, but I don't wanna buy a toolbox just for a pump housing. I suppose I can just get a junction box :-)

Gribble:
I mounted my two main pumps on my brew stand underneath a piece of expanded metal, but I also have a third pump for my CIP system on my fermenters that I built a small stand for similar to sabco's chill wizard just an 8x8 piece of diamond plate with some feet on it and a carry handle that has a waterproof switch box, works great.

nateo:
Awesome tutorial. Thanks Walter! I've been doing it wrong all this time.

thebigbaker:
Thanks for the great info Walter!  I'll be getting my first pump this weekend to complete my whirlpool set up and this thread is really going to help out! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version