General Category > Equipment and Software

Questions you may have about March Pumps? post them here

<< < (12/15) > >>

yso191:

--- Quote from: beersabound on January 12, 2013, 11:46:38 PM ---I am considering buying an 809 and am wondering if I should use it on the hot or cold side and why. 

Cheers, Tim

--- End quote ---

One can use it with hot or cold liquids.  It is food safe beyond boiling temperature.  Why to use it is simply for convenience.

beersabound:
Thanks yso191!

harbicide:
I have an 809 that I bought from someone retiring.  It has always run well for me.  This past weekend I had some issues with air locks causing free wheeling.  Whenever this occurred I would immediately shut the pump off.  I then would find it would not restart and I would notice the fan would pulse when the switch was turned on, but it would not turn.  The fan was magnetically held in place.  After a few minutes (potentially as the motor cooled) it would run.

Is there a potential dead spot in the motor windings or could it be overheating?

dak0415:

--- Quote from: harbicide on May 15, 2013, 09:58:51 AM ---I have an 809 that I bought from someone retiring.  It has always run well for me.  This past weekend I had some issues with air locks causing free wheeling.  Whenever this occurred I would immediately shut the pump off.  I then would find it would not restart and I would notice the fan would pulse when the switch was turned on, but it would not turn.  The fan was magnetically held in place.  After a few minutes (potentially as the motor cooled) it would run.

Is there a potential dead spot in the motor windings or could it be overheating?

--- End quote ---
I had a similar issue with mine.  I took the head off and found that the impeller body had expanded and was binding inside the head.  Maybe time for the 815 impeller upgrade?

TrippleRippleBrewer:
My first thought was take off the head and take it apart. See what's going on with the impeller. Could be junk in there or some other problem binding up the impeller.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version