General Category > Equipment and Software

Questions you may have about March Pumps? post them here

<< < (14/15) > >>

awiens:
I like the pitcher idea! Do you lose much heat? I'm all about simplicity. Every time I've tried to "tech it up," I've ended up making brewing more difficult and created more potential for things to go wrong or leak!

thebigbaker:
+1 for using a pitcher till the pot is light enough to lift. 

klickitat jim:

--- Quote from: awiens on September 26, 2013, 08:51:06 PM ---I like the pitcher idea! Do you lose much heat? I'm all about simplicity. Every time I've tried to "tech it up," I've ended up making brewing more difficult and created more potential for things to go wrong or leak!

--- End quote ---

I have a stainless mash tun. So my mash water starts in the tun. But I heat sparge water in an hlt. I don't notice much temp loss caused by the pitcher  when I transfer that. Its usually 170° when I start and ends up about 160-165 for mash out.

denny:

--- Quote from: awiens on September 26, 2013, 08:51:06 PM ---I like the pitcher idea! Do you lose much heat? I'm all about simplicity. Every time I've tried to "tech it up," I've ended up making brewing more difficult and created more potential for things to go wrong or leak!

--- End quote ---

Nah, not enough heat to matter.  If you find you do, you can always bump up the water temp next time to compensate.  Take a look at www.dennybrew.com

Lowell Brewing Co.:
Walt,
Is it possible to purchase a stainless pump head to replace the plastic one on the 809 HS? Also, is there more risk of trub, etc. clogging/catching in the larger upgraded impeller? Thanks!

Andrew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version