Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Best bar in Fort Collins  (Read 4531 times)

Offline csu007

• Brewer
  • Littleton, CO
Best bar in Fort Collins
« on: February 27, 2012, 06:30:04 pm »
So I'm not sure if anybody has been to Fort Collins, Co lately but they have opened a great new pub. It's called The Mayor of Old town, they have 100 bars on tap (constantly changing) and like 20-30 different bottled beers. they have CO, USA, and international beers. Plus the food is awesome and cheap. I highly recommended visiting here when in town (fyi it's about 1hr away from Denver)

“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drank, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, “It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
Re: Best bar in Fort Collins
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 07:01:08 pm »
That looks impressive!  Definitely going to stop by next time I'm up in FC.
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline csu007

• Brewer
  • Littleton, CO
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 08:34:56 pm »
Yeah they have so common craft beers and some nice limited craft beers from the US and Europe.
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drank, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, “It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 09:46:03 am »
Cool. They should have a 100 beer sampler tray.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline ryang

• Brewer
  • Indian Hills CO
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 10:08:58 am »
Huh.  I didn't know about that place.  We were just up in FoCo this past weekend and unfortunately Choice City was having a rehearsal dinner, so we couldn't go there (best place in FoCo in my limited opinion).  Ended up getting far-less-than-stellar food at Ingredient.

I'll have to check this place out next time we're up there.

Offline csu007

• Brewer
  • Littleton, CO
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 03:33:32 pm »
I have never been to or heard of choice city before (I went to school here for 5years) The Mayor of Old Town has been open for like 1yr at the most. It's right by campus off Laurel and mason. They do let you have a flight of like 4 or 5 beers. Plus most of the beers are between $4 and $6 minus beers like Chimay are closer to $7 and $8.

Offline ryang

• Brewer
  • Indian Hills CO
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 08:25:02 am »
I have never been to or heard of choice city before (I went to school here for 5years)

then I must say you missed/are missing out.

At College and Olive, around the corner from HuHot.

don't just take my word for it... #9 on ratebeer's best beer restaurants in the world 2011 (#12 in 2010)
http://www.ratebeer.com/RateBeerBest/table_2011.asp?title=Best+Beer+Restaurants+2011&file=restaurants_places_2011.csv