Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Need new propane burner  (Read 10141 times)

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
Re: Need new propane burner
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 04:42:36 am »

It's like rims on a car...sure, steel rims will get you where you're going but chrome 20's let you get there in style!  8)

;D

That said, I think the reason I would go with the Blichmann is because I think I might get their top tier system eventually.

That makes sense.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline PSUhomebrewer

• Cellarman
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 12:07:09 pm »
The big thing with burners is their design, not so much the physical burner, but the housing. Blichmann designed the burner for max heat output when using brew pots (such that if you put the burner on the ground without leg extensions you could scorch the surface), as compared to banjo that as already stated has the pot sit higher up not keeping as much heat under the pot. I know a guy in my club that got a 600k btu wok burner but when he fabed his heat shield lost all the BTUs by blocking the burners air flow. When you do chose take a look at how your pot will sit and the expand ability too so you can buy a burner once and have it last your brewin career.

Offline ssstraub

• 1st Kit
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 07:18:23 pm »
I'm in the same situation. I have read the Blichmann uses less propane than the cheaper ones, and of course you can potentially use it on the Top Tier system should you go that route someday.

What about this burner from homebrewing.org? Anyone familiar with it?