Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: okay here it goes  (Read 3303 times)

Offline dannyj621

• Cellarman
  • humble beginnings
okay here it goes
« on: February 02, 2010, 07:46:13 am »
I have a belgian breakfast brew in the works right now is there anyone who would like to try it a give me notes on it when it is ready?
when in rome we shall do as the romans.  When in hell we'll take shots at the bar

Offline mikeypedersen

• Brewer
  • Longmont, CO
Re: okay here it goes
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 08:55:27 am »
What does your recipe look like?

Offline dannyj621

• Cellarman
  • humble beginnings
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 09:06:39 am »
its a belgian dubble that i brewed with orange and costa rican tamazu coffee the wort tasted amazing but things can happen did you want the specifics of the recipie?
when in rome we shall do as the romans.  When in hell we'll take shots at the bar

Offline dontblake

• Conference
  • Assistant Brewer
    • Indian Peaks Alers
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 08:25:35 am »
Sounds, well, interesting.
Sure post the recipe for further scrutinization.
Where are you located.... may be easier to find a homebrew club with some BJCP judges vs shipping beers all around the place.
Don Blake, Erie CO
Founder, Indian Peaks Alers
Grand Master BJCP Judge

Offline dannyj621

• Cellarman
  • humble beginnings
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 07:40:53 pm »
Sounds, well, interesting.
Sure post the recipe for further scrutinization.
Where are you located.... may be easier to find a homebrew club with some BJCP judges vs shipping beers all around the place.

well problem is i live in ocean city maryland no one home brews the closest brew club is about 2 hours away

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 07:49:28 pm »
Sounds like this one is in the fermenter already.  I think it's great that you're just brewing something different that you think sounds good.  I'd say it's ready when the fermentation is done and it tastes good to you.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline dannyj621

• Cellarman
  • humble beginnings
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 07:55:27 pm »
Sounds like this one is in the fermenter already.  I think it's great that you're just brewing something different that you think sounds good.  I'd say it's ready when the fermentation is done and it tastes good to you.

thanks tygo i'm honestly just trying to become better as a brewer in general figured i would try and get some critique while i can

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 08:02:48 pm »
Yeah, definitely.  Post the recipe, I'd be interested to see what you did.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline enso

• Brewer
  • Northeast Kingdom, VT
    • Bristle Bros. Brewing Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 03:05:41 pm »
Yeah post the details.  Only taste will tell at this point since you already went for it but we can advise you as you nurture it along its way.   ;)

I just brewed up a couple of Belgian dark strongs.  One had tangerine zest and cocoa.  I will be infusing it with cacao nibs as it ages.  Orange and coffee sounds like it could be a pleasant combo as well.
Dave Brush

Offline yaleterrace

• Cellarman
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 05:12:29 pm »
hell yes i'll taste your beer!  notes is a small price to pay.  in fact. i hereby open myself up to anyone who wants a critical tasting!  is this an extract, partial, or all grain batch?

Offline dannyj621

• Cellarman
  • humble beginnings
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 08:11:38 pm »
enso that sounds really good.  The batch is an extract im about to make the switch to partial soon i will post the recipe soon

boulderbrewer

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 08:14:46 pm »
One of the best beers I have ever had was extract. Wonderful beer can be made that way! I can't wait for the recipe.