Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer availability........... East Coast/West Coast  (Read 7571 times)

Offline riverrat

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Beer availability........... East Coast/West Coast
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 08:32:34 am »
Don't forget about us middle coasters!  I'm a happy supporter of Surly and the other smaller locals that are starting to pop up here in MN!
Founding member, California Street Brewery

Offline mtbrewer

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 01:29:51 pm »
That's it "Moose Drool". I like that beer.

Have you ever been to Montana Ale Works in Bozeman. They make some good beer as well.
I have not tried them, actually haven't seen any of their beers around here. Next time I get down that way, I'll have to stop in and get a growler fill.

Offline dannyj621

• Cellarman
  • humble beginnings
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 07:59:46 pm »
does dogfish head go out west? if not evolution craft brew i know west coasters cant get but need to try and so does everyone else
when in rome we shall do as the romans.  When in hell we'll take shots at the bar

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 04:40:07 pm »
I finally picked up a sixer of Hopslam.   :)  Its a great beer, no doubt about that but its not nearly as bitter as I expected.  I Love the aroma and flavor, it may not meet west coast expectations though.  To me it was bitter but the citrus from the hops overpowered the bitterness by far.  Would I drink it again... Hell Yeh!  But its not a beer you drink, its a beer you sip.   ;D  To me its clean, bitterness is balanced by the alcohol content (10% abv), the hop Flavor and Aroma are very striking.  If you just want something very "bitter" with little to no regard to flavor then it may not be the beer for you.  
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 04:41:43 pm by dean »