Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC 2012 Entry Link  (Read 15005 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: NHC 2012 Entry Link
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2012, 10:27:38 am »
I think both Gordon and JZ have decided that they're done entering.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2012, 09:55:04 pm »
I think both Gordon and JZ have decided that they're done entering.
Gordon told me he was done, and I don't imagine JZ has the time for homebrewing any more.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline donger

• 1st Kit
  • "Mongo like candy..."
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2012, 10:56:44 am »
JZ is pro and this is an amateur comp. Although, JZ's beers have really never tasted amateurish.
Formerly the Queen of Beer. Currently the Old Bag.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2012, 01:20:31 am »
JZ is pro and this is an amateur comp. Although, JZ's beers have really never tasted amateurish.
Pros can enter as long as they brew the beer at home like the rest of us.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline tesgüino

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2012, 09:09:49 am »
Another question. It looks like in the "View/Change/Print Entries" section of the entry form you could change to a totally different beer category. If a beer isn't aging the way you'd like, can you switch to something else after you already declared the style when registering? And if it is aright, do you have up until the last day (March 28th) to make the decision?

narvin

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2012, 09:47:28 am »
Another question. It looks like in the "View/Change/Print Entries" section of the entry form you could change to a totally different beer category. If a beer isn't aging the way you'd like, can you switch to something else after you already declared the style when registering? And if it is aright, do you have up until the last day (March 28th) to make the decision?

You can change the style, but I think you have to reprint the labels for your bottles, so you have to do it before you ship.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2012, 11:16:13 pm »

You can change the style, but I think you have to reprint the labels for your bottles, so you have to do it before you ship.
Were you planning to change beers AFTER you ship? :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline tesgüino

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2012, 06:19:03 am »
Were you planning to change beers AFTER you ship?
Got lucky this year. There's a drop-off less than a hour from my house. Guess I have until next Wednesday to make the decision?

Re-brewed an American Brown based on the score sheet from a local competition. Scored 36 there, but have high hopes for the new version. Still have to keg and bottle.  :P

narvin

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2012, 06:49:29 am »

Were you planning to change beers AFTER you ship? :)

Ha.  I guess I misread that as changing the style category he was entering the beer in, not changing the actual beer.  :)

Offline tesgüino

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2012, 08:14:24 am »
Ha.  I guess I misread that as changing the style category he was entering the beer in, not changing the actual beer.
Actually . . . both.  :o

And the big question for next year:
Can you just grab a bunch of spots in categories not requiring a lot of detail and then sort out what you're actually going to enter later?