I did end up with six students. On week one we made a mock kit brew with just LME, hops and orange peel. It was a wheat extract (50% wheat) and I turned it into a witbier with orange peel as the late addition and Belgian yeast. Week two was a DME brew with specialty grains, I used light DME and got my color from crystal and pale chocolate so they could see how to do that. This week everyone is coming to my house for a mash demo and a tasting (no alcohol on campus). I'm looking forward to showing off all my equipment. Last week we're doing a field trip to the local brewpub for a tour, discussion of English beer styles (the pub's forte) and of course a tasting.
Two of the guys have made wine so I'll recruit them for the wine club, and I am thinking I'll get at least three new members for the beer club. So mission accomplished in that respect.