Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: anybody have a weber?  (Read 5558 times)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: anybody have a weber?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 10:46:32 am »
On a happier note I saw a 22.5" Weber Kettle at Lowes for $99 yesterday.

I just bought a lightly used 22.5" off craigslist for $20.  It even came with charcoal.

I felt like I was robbing the poor lady but she was glad to get rid of it.

It's older, with wood handles.  But I kinda like that.  It's been well cared for and is almost like new.

It will replace the even older one sitting in my yard which I will seek to modify and repurpose as a dedicated smoker.
Lucky - my best recent lead was $40 and I had to drive an hour each way.  No thanks.  Still checking daily. :)

Just keep looking everyday...you'll score in due time.  :)
Ron Price

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 02:31:57 pm »
Exactly.  I saw on the other thread where Tom was looking for one on Craigslist and took a look myself.  It was inspiration.

There's lots of them out there.  This one was a good deal and only 10 minutes away from work.  I drove over on lunch, tossed it in the trunk and all was good.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 03:19:28 pm »
Nice :)

The two Ron found were already gone, and the two that have come up have been too far for the expense.  They don't come up too often though, only a couple so far.  I'm thinking later in the spring will be better, when people upgrade or look at what winter did to the old one.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline bigchicken

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lincoln, NE
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 03:09:30 pm »
You get what you pay for on grills. I bought a Weber Summit 3 years ago for my wife. Huge grill with a rotis. kit, searing zone, and side burner. It cost a fortune $1800+ but we love it. Mostly stainless and has a 10 to 20 year warranty depending on the part. Way more than I ever wanted to pay, but we used up 2 other $500 grills in less than 10 years. We looked at the Genesis and nearly went that route. Weber has a good network of dealers if you ever need parts or warranty work.
TJ Cook

On Deck: Planning
Fermenting: Nothing
In bottles: It's All About MEAD!