Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Alternative hotels for NHC2010?  (Read 3983 times)

Offline 22oz

• 1st Kit
Alternative hotels for NHC2010?
« on: January 25, 2010, 03:38:13 pm »
Just called the Sheraton and there are no rooms left for the full length of the conference.
Are there any alternative hotels yet that honor the NHC rate?
Thanks.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline 22oz

• 1st Kit
Re: Alternative hotels for NHC2010?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 03:49:09 pm »
yep saw that. Thanks Denny. I was just wondering if there is any new news, as in the actual hotel name(s) so that I can book.
Cheers.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 03:52:18 pm »
Darn, I don't see anything.  You could try emailing Gary to see if he's ready to release any info.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 03:57:42 pm »

The moral majority, is neither.

Offline yellowcolumbia

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 08:07:14 am »
Robin's reply yesterday was that the hotel info page (http://www.ahaconference.org/hotel.html) would be updated shorty.

I went ahead and booked at the days inn.  I put together the map below, with hotel addresses and prices (as of Jan 27th) to the left.  Hope it helps somebody else.

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 03:31:28 pm »
Hi All,

The host hotel for this year’s AHA National Homebrewers Conference, the Sheraton Bloomington Hotel, is now completely sold out of rooms.

We now have an overflow hotel, the Sofitel Minneapolis, which is located across the street from the Sheraton.  The Sofitel is offering AHA Conference attendees rooms at the same group rate as the Sheraton, of $109 for a standard room.  Book online using the URL below to receive the group rate, or call the hotel and use the group rate code: AHBA.  We've been waiting for over a week to get the code and link for the overflow, but finally got it today.

Sofitel Minneapolis
5601 West 78TH Street
BLOOMINGTON,  MN  55439
(952) 835-1900

If you are planning to attend the conference this year, but have not yet registered, I highly recommend doing so soon.  Given how quickly we have filled the rooms at the Sheraton (we’ve sold more rooms at the Sheraton than any previous conference hotel), I fully anticipate that this conference will sell out, probably within the next month or two.  Registration is already at 40% of our capacity.

Cheers!
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado