Other than Brewing > All Things Food

Growing food - The Garden Thread

<< < (82/173) > >>

pinnah:

--- Quote from: andrew on December 15, 2012, 02:45:38 AM ---After tending to that picked a few things to make a salad for lunch...

--- End quote ---

WOW/.

Very beautiful. 

pinnah:
Anybody care to take on another year in the growing food thread?

Pretty cold yet here, but the garden is now snow free and I am starting to dream.
Still have some leeks in the ground.  Should lift those and see how they wintered.

Anything new planned?  Seeds started?
Shoot... Andrew is probably already eating corn. ;)

I have been wondering if I can keep planting potatoes in the same spot year after year.
Do you folks rotate certain crops around?

Cheers to spring!

redbeerman:
Started cleaning it out last weekend.  Looking forward to the asparagus coming up in a few weeks.  Will probably put the cold weather seed and plants down the second week of April.

euge:
I've had tomatoes and chiles in the ground for at least three weeks. Have onions garlic and broccoli in. Well the broccoli has been mostly harvested but the leaves are delicious.

hokerer:

--- Quote from: pinnah on March 12, 2013, 04:57:36 AM ---I have been wondering if I can keep planting potatoes in the same spot year after year.
Do you folks rotate certain crops around?

--- End quote ---

I rotate everything each year.  Got four raised beds of which I plant three every season and leave one fallow.  Next season, shift everything one bed over.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version