Other than Brewing > All Things Food

Growing food - The Garden Thread

<< < (2/138) > >>

bo:
I just started hardening off my plants today. They'll be in the cold frame next week and in the ground by the end of the month. Onions are already planted.

tschmidlin:
For annuals, we just have the garlic in (and coming up).  I've got a couple of bhut jolokia in pots, and I think they'll stay there.  Everything else will need to wait, we'll start some of it in early April - carrots, peppers, tomatoes at least, we're still planning. 

The rest is perennial stuff - kiwis, sour cherry, sweet cherry, apple, plum, pears, currant, blueberries, rhubarb, four kinds of grapes, fig, kumquat, aronia, strawberries, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, savory, oregano, mint, chives . . . I'm probably forgetting some stuff. :)

denny:
We've go lettuce that overwintered and the shallots, garlic and onions that went in last fall, but it's been too cold and wet to get anything done this year.  My wife is planning and starting seeds, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bo:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on March 12, 2012, 08:43:50 PM ---For annuals, we just have the garlic in (and coming up).  I've got a couple of bhut jolokia in pots, and I think they'll stay there.  Everything else will need to wait, we'll start some of it in early April - carrots, peppers, tomatoes at least, we're still planning. 

The rest is perennial stuff - kiwis, sour cherry, sweet cherry, apple, plum, pears, currant, blueberries, rhubarb, four kinds of grapes, fig, kumquat, aronia, strawberries, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, savory, oregano, mint, chives . . . I'm probably forgetting some stuff. :)

--- End quote ---

"parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme"

I thought you were about to break into a song. :D

tschmidlin:

--- Quote from: bo on March 12, 2012, 08:50:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: tschmidlin on March 12, 2012, 08:43:50 PM ---For annuals, we just have the garlic in (and coming up).  I've got a couple of bhut jolokia in pots, and I think they'll stay there.  Everything else will need to wait, we'll start some of it in early April - carrots, peppers, tomatoes at least, we're still planning. 

--- End quote ---

"parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme"

I thought you were about to break into a song. :D

--- End quote ---
I almost did, but if you ever heard me sing you'd be glad I didn't :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version