Author Topic: Bio-Casey Goehl Hey!  (Read 7609 times)

Offline Deadfellow

• 1st Kit
  • Hey. Lets Hug It Out.
    • View Profile
    • Deadfellows Brewclub
Bio-Casey Goehl Hey!
« on: March 18, 2012, 06:30:40 PM »
Who Are You : Casey P Goehl. http://deadfellowsbrewclub.weebly.com/about-us.html

Home Town : Buena Vista, CO

Homebrew Club:Dead Fellows

I've been a homebrewer since:June Sixth 2009

Do you have a homebrewing disaster you'd like to share? On A Warm Day In The Rockies, I Set Out To Bottle A Fantastic Tangerine Common Ale. As I Carried The Bucket From A Kitchen Counter Top To A Table In My Little Cabin. A Rouge Sandal Jumped Out From A Round A Corner. Through The Air All Five Gallons Of Liquid Were Sent To The Shag Below, The Carpet Still Thanks Me To This Day.

What is your favorite style(s) to brew? I Enjoy Brewing A Red, Or Brown Ale, But A Nothing Bets Specialty Beer Of Your Own Recipe.

What style(s) will you never brew?Ill Never Brew What The Guy Next Door Has Going.

What was the first beer you ever brewed?  How did it turn out? I Brewed A Honey Brown Ale For A Friends Wedding. It Turned Out So Well He Ended Up Buy All The Same Equipement, And Eventully Founding A Brew Club With Me.

Have you ever had a homebrew mistake that turned out great? While Brewing A Stout I Neglected To Refridgerate A Portion I Had Set Out For Botteling Day. After De-Green Scumming The Liquid, I Boiled It And Threw It In. Ive Been Told Its Better Than The Commercial Version That Inspired It.

What is your favorite beer recipe? My Favorite To Brew Is My Holiday Red Ale. Its A Great Beer To Brew And Drink With Families And Friends When The Nights Get Colder.

Are you a BJCP Judge?  If so, what is your rank and how long have you been judging?As Of Now Im Not A Judge, But It Is On My List Of Do's In My Brewing Career.

Do you have a good beer judging story you'd like to share with the rest of the homebrewing world? You Will Be The First To Know When I Do!

Do you have a favorite homebrew trick or gadget that you've found to make your beer better/brewing easier, etc? I Like To Smoke My Own Grain. I Find That An Outdoor Clay Fire Pit Give A Really Nice Aroma To The Grain, But Dosent Overpower The Flavor In The Beer.

Describe your brew system. Im Using The Stove Top This Should Work Where Are My Gloves Pray I Hit Gravity System. I Plan On Moving To A Sabco In The Near Future, But Im Happy For Now.

How frequently do you brew (times/month or /year)? I Try To Brew Atleast One A Month, As A Club We Brew Atleast 20 Times A Year.

What is your favorite hop? Why? I Really Like Munich. I Think The Profile Is Great, It Goes In Almost Anything, And Makes My Mouth Happy.

What is your favorite hop? Why? Cascade. Fruity, Earthy, Clean. What Else Do You Need?

Do you have a favorite or house yeast? What qualities do you like about that yeast? Pacman Is A Favorite, You Cant Pass Up Anything From Mr. John Maier.

Do you have a good homebrew club story you'd like to share?
As An Initiation For A New Member We Asked Him To Come Up With A Recipe And We Would Brew It. He Gave It To Us And We Proceeded As Any Good Brewers Would. After It Was Finished We Had Him Carbonate It On His Own And Take It Home. A Few Days Later I Got A Text Asking If I Would Know Why His Spare Room Was Covered In Sticky Black Liquid. We Had Purposly Left Out A Few Brewing Details. A 60% Roasted Malt, And 40% Red Wheat Grain Bill, Carbonated With 1lb Of Cane Suger For 3 Gallons Was A Bit Rough.

What haven't we asked that you would really like to answer? Where Do You Want Brewing To Take You?
Like Many Other Homebrewers, I Aspire To Work In The Craft Industry. Earlier This Year I Turned Down An Entry Level Job At Rogue. Rather Than Be Discouraged, My Hopes Were Actully Lifted. I Now Know And Can Be Confidant That I Can Get Work Within The Industry.

If you could serve your homebrew to someone famous, who would it be and what would you give her/him?Hellen Keller. With Her Hightened Sences Of Smell And Taste, I Think She Would Be Great Asset To A Brewer.

Can you send a picture or two of some labels you've created for your homebrew? This Is The One Area I Have Yet To Wrestle With, As All Thing Brewing I Do Have Plan For The Future.

What's the most unusual ingredient you've ever used in a brew?
A Few Years A Go I Picked And Brewed A Spruce Tea For A Holiday Beer. A Great Beverage On Its Own If You Get A Chance.

Do you have any pets or kids named after beer styles or ingredients?
My Wife Isent To Keen On The Idea, But I Have Faith That Soon A Little Hallertauer Or Spalt With Grace My Home On Two Of Four Legs.

How many medals have you won from homebrew competitions? This Is Still An Elusive Object For Me, But I Worry Not For The Future Of My Awards Cabinet.

Do you brew alone, with friends or with someone you live with?
I Try Not To Brew Alone. Having Friends, And Family Involved Is Always A Great Pleasure For Me.

Are you an indoor or outdoor brewer? As Of Now I Am Indoor Brewer, I Do Have A Campfire Beer Ready For The Summer Months. Bugs, Dirt, Pollen. What A Fantastic Brewing Experience.

List some of the names you've given your beers. Which is your favorite?
AngRye Beaver, Beggers Stout, Boom Stick Brown, Charlie P Hefe, Stille Natche..
Im Partial To AngRye Beaver For Obvious Reasons.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:02:53 AM by deadfellowbrewclub@gmail.com »
Lets Have A Drink.