Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer/breweries near Mountain View, CA  (Read 4064 times)

Offline ccfoo242

• Brewmaster
  • I drank what? - Socrates
Beer/breweries near Mountain View, CA
« on: May 16, 2012, 09:41:25 pm »
I have a week of training in August in Mountain View. Can someone please tell me where I can imbibe in the after hours?

Looking on yelp I see a few http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=brewery&find_loc=Mountain+View%2C+CA&ns=1&ls=3721556b3fb177ec

I guess I could just pick 5 and visit one per night.
Intra cervisiam est deus.

Offline pyrite

• Brewer
  • Davis, CA
Re: Beer/breweries near Mountain View, CA
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 11:18:49 pm »
I lived up in the bay 4 years ago and I don't remember much out in Mountain View.  The Tied House is just "ok" IMO.  I think you're best bet is to make a trip down to San Jose, or Palo Alto.  The area you'll be visiting is home base to Gordon Biersch brew pubs.  The original Gordon Biersch is in Palo Alto and the one in San Jose rocks with live jazz bands on week nights.  Lately, they have been brewing some more trendier beers at the brewpubs.

Or you could just get some fresh (GB) Gordon Biersch at the Mineta San Jose airport. 
If you don't get in over your head, how are you ever going to know how tall you are.

Offline ccfoo242

• Brewmaster
  • I drank what? - Socrates
Re: Beer/breweries near Mountain View, CA
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 08:55:52 pm »
Alright, I'll try to go to one of the Gordon Biersch pubs. I already plan on grabbing as many varieties as I can that I can't get here in Florida (ie Heretic, 21st Amendment). Too bad my class will get in the way of my beer!  ;D
Intra cervisiam est deus.