Author Topic: Mike Biewer  (Read 2419 times)

Offline mikebiewer

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Brew Review
Mike Biewer
« on: January 31, 2010, 05:56:22 PM »
There isn't a place to introduce yourself so I decided the best way to do it would be to just post my bio.

My name is Mike and I live in Fargo, ND and recently I found the joyous art of homebrewing. To be upfront and honest, I'm still pretty new to homebrewing, but I've been digesting homebrewing content at a crazy pace for the last few months. Currently I have four batches under my belt and two in the fridge and two still fermenting.

I spent the last year to year and a half debating on homebrewing. I couldn't decide if I wanted to invest the time and money into it and I hymmed and hawed about it for months. Once my father in law heard about it he told me that he had an old kit that he never used anymore that he'd love to give me. So I got a partial kit from him and spent another 50 bucks to finish it off. I grabbed a extract/specialty grains kit from a local store and I haven't looked back since.

I've become so obsessed with homebrewing and how easy it is, and just the lovely flavors of beer that I started a Beer and Homebrewing blog.

http://www.mikesbrewreview.com

My blog is where I document my homebrewing, it is where I keep notes and try to show other people how much fun and how easy it is. I am surrouned by a lot of people in Fargo, that think Bud Light is the greatest thing ever. I, personally, am not a fan, and its ok that they are. However, I am trying to show them that there is more out there that is delicious. So my blog was born. I do video reviews of homebrew and craft brews while trying to connect with people who brew or want to brew.

So my obsession has quickly turned into a passion and I am constantly reading about, making, or drinking homebrew. I suppose that is why I've decided to join the AHA to find out even more and to be apart of the community.

It is a pleasure to meet you all and I hope to learn a lot and hopefully help out where I can.

Offline gail

• Assistant Brewer
    • View Profile
Re: Mike Biewer
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 07:05:16 PM »
Welcome, Mike!
Gail

Offline bluesman

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Delaware
    • View Profile
Re: Mike Biewer
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 09:08:51 PM »
Hey Mike.

Welcome to the AHA forum.

This is THE place for all your homebrewing needs.  8)
Ron Price