Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Road Trip City ?s  (Read 4335 times)

Offline krustybb

• Cellarman
  • Grab a Brew and Relax
Road Trip City ?s
« on: March 18, 2012, 04:44:30 pm »
Okay I am headed back home to Seattle. I am driving through Des Moines IA, Salt Lake City and Boise. Any recommendations on great breweries?

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
Re: Road Trip City ?s
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 11:14:41 pm »
Big Time Brewing :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline krustybb

• Cellarman
  • Grab a Brew and Relax
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 05:00:21 pm »
Oh I am very familiar with Big Time. I am from Seattle. I was looking for suggestions on the way.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 01:30:20 am »
I figured, I was just messing with you. ;D

Stop by Barley Brown's in Baker City, a friend of mine raves about it.  Other than Weaze's place, I've got no other suggestions.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 05:35:18 am »
Is Jackson Hole WY out of your way much?  I can recommend Snake River.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 05:46:01 am »
Desert Edge Brewery and Pub in Salt Lake City is a sentimental favorite of mine. I used to go there when you could get Coors or Bud, and now it's a full brew pub. They only brew 4% ABV beers, though, so they may not appeal to your Northwest palate. I've had some pretty tasty beers there, though.

I haven't been, but I've heard good things about the Bayou in SLC. You can enjoy paying Utah's marked up price for bottled beers, as they don't allow draft over 4% ABV. Utah brewers are doing some good things at that limit, give some a try.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Offline aa7yy

• Cellarman
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 08:13:09 am »
Sockey in Boise

Offline krustybb

• Cellarman
  • Grab a Brew and Relax
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 07:07:56 am »

Desert Edge Brewery and Pub in Salt Lake City is a sentimental favorite of mine. I used to go there when you could get Coors or Bud, and now it's a full brew pub. They only brew 4% ABV beers, though, so they may not appeal to your Northwest palate. I've had some pretty tasty beers there, though.

I haven't been, but I've heard good things about the Bayou in SLC. You can enjoy paying Utah's marked up price for bottled beers, as they don't allow draft over 4% ABV. Utah brewers are doing some good things at that limit, give some a try.

Thanks, that is the type of thing I was looking for. 4% bummer, oh well I can still enjoy a few good brews. I will also check out Sockey in Boise thanks guys.

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 08:19:36 am »
You appear to be traveling I80. I went to this place in Omaha once...I HIGHLY recommend it.
http://www.upstreambrewing.com/ I went to their west Location.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:21:19 am by gymrat »
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS

Offline ibru

• Assistant Brewer
  • Brew Day is My Day!
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 10:38:01 am »
A few more suggestions in my area (Yakima Valley) would be Ice Harbor in TriCities has two places both with good food and great beer. I like the old location on Benton Street, while my wife prefers the newer place on Clover Island. A few miles west in Prosser in Horse Heaven Hills Brewery. A small brew pub owned by a couple great guys. I often use Gary, the brewer to critique by lastest brew. In Ellensburg is Iron Horse Brewery. I haven't been to there "Micropub", I've only been to the Brewery/Tasting Room. It was a small place with good beer. Their Irish Death and IPA are worth the stop.

Have a great journey!

Bruce

Offline krustybb

• Cellarman
  • Grab a Brew and Relax
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 02:37:53 pm »
A few more suggestions in my area (Yakima Valley) would be Ice Harbor in TriCities has two places both with good food and great beer. I like the old location on Benton Street, while my wife prefers the newer place on Clover Island. A few miles west in Prosser in Horse Heaven Hills Brewery. A small brew pub owned by a couple great guys. I often use Gary, the brewer to critique by lastest brew. In Ellensburg is Iron Horse Brewery. I haven't been to there "Micropub", I've only been to the Brewery/Tasting Room. It was a small place with good beer. Their Irish Death and IPA are worth the stop.

Have a great journey!

I grew up in Ellensburg and am loving that after Burt Grant there is actually something in eastern washington to find. I have been happy with Iron Horse. They have exploded over the last few years into doing some great beer. The imperial IPA is hard to find but it is amazing.
Bruce