Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sanitizing a CP Bottle FIller  (Read 2057 times)

Offline oceanselv

• 1st Kit
Sanitizing a CP Bottle FIller
« on: March 27, 2012, 06:33:31 pm »
I recently bottled a few beers for a local competition using my counter pressure bottle filler.  I had not problem filling the bottles and getting good carbonation.  However my issue was with infected beer in the bottles.  Is it possible to pick up something from the filler? After filling each bottle I placed the filler in s bucket of Star San.   But what if I had some left over residue inside the beer in line from a previous filling several months ago that is now infected?  How do you thoroughly clean a CP filler?
I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer...Abraham Lincoln

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy...... Ben Franklin

Offline tom

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
Re: Sanitizing a CP Bottle FIller
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 08:42:52 pm »
I clean my CPBF by soaking it in hot PBW for > 30 minutes.  Rinse with hot water X 3.   Then sanitize by soaking it in StarSan.  As well as the hoses.
Brew on

Offline oceanselv

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 01:02:27 pm »
I take it you use your CO2 to push the PBW solution and water rinse through the CPBF?
I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer...Abraham Lincoln

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy...... Ben Franklin

Offline tom

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 03:26:28 pm »
I haven't.  I just let them soak in it.  I suppose a good brushing would help too.
Brew on