Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bacon maple beer!  (Read 5704 times)

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
Re: Bacon maple beer!
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 10:22:09 am »
fenugreek is a possibility too. It is used in a lot of "cheap" maple syrups, and I have heard of it being used in maple syrup beers to up the maple flavor.

Offline sparkleberry

• Brewer
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 11:10:45 am »
i tried a bottle last week.  i poured maybe a half glass and had a hard time getting through that much.  i dumped the rest.  can't remember the last time i didn't want to finish drinking a beer.  i love a lot of rogue's other beers.  this one just isn't good. 
cheers.

rpl
apertureales

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 11:15:59 am »
fenugreek is a possibility too. It is used in a lot of "cheap" maple syrups, and I have heard of it being used in maple syrup beers to up the maple flavor.

Definitely not in the Rogue beer.  I'll see John next Mon. and try to remember to ask him.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tfries

• Cellarman
  • Cheshire, OR
Re: Re: Bacon maple beer!
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 07:14:40 pm »

Definitely not in the Rogue beer.  I'll see John next Mon. and try to remember to ask him.
Denny, John said the maple is extract when we were talking to him about it the day we were there.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
Cascade Brewers Society

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 10:49:14 am »
Thanks, Tom.  Obviously I didn't remember that, but a lot of the flavorings Rogue uses come from extract, so I assumed it was a safe guess.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell