General Category > Commercial Beer Reviews

Founders

(1/3) > >>

dean:
Well since I'm in Michigan now I figured I'd have to try some brews made here.  Wow!  Founders makes some decent beer and I don't normally buy beer that has screw tops!   :)   Yeh, I'm going to have to get over the screw top thingy I guess.   ::)  :D

So far I've tried their PA, IPA and Dirty Bastard a Scottish Ale.  Wow, all good but the PA and Centennial IPA are loaded with hop flavor and aroma, they must put in a LOT of late additons!   :)

little.dipper:
Dean, I'm not sure where in the state you're at, but a trip to Founders is very worth while. The beers you tried are their day-in day-outs, but some of their more extreme beers are where they really shine. Also, they moved to pry top caps this summer so newer offerings won't be twist-offs.

klosterfocke:
We recently got Founders in NC, and I'm a HUGE fan of their breakfast stout, my current favorite.

valorian:

--- Quote from: dean on November 07, 2009, 06:37:54 AM ---Well since I'm in Michigan now I figured I'd have to try some brews made here.  Wow!  Founders makes some decent beer .....

--- End quote ---

Try their Breakfast Stout or better yet their Kentucky Breakfast Stout and let us know if you still think their beers are just decent. My mouth is watering just thinking about this beer.

dean:
I guess I'll have to try to make it to the brewery, according to the label they're in Grand Rapids, so is Bell's.... might just make a day of it sometime soon.  Heheheh.   ;D  I'm 10 minutes east of US131 just off of US10 so I'm kinda in the middle of it all.  I've been kicking around the idea of trying some Iron Horse brews, they're only about a half hour from where I live...  :P

So far these are the only one's Founders makes that I've been able to find... and their Centennial IPA is Awesome... only other IPA that I've had that I thought was comparable is West Coast Green Flash.  I think Founders has more hop flavor and aroma though.  I think it may be the most over the top aroma and flavor IPA I've had to be honest and it clocks in at 7.2% abv so its not a small one.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version