I bought a pinot noir kit from my LHBS today and have a few questions after reading the instructions...
1) Do I need to rehydrate the yeast like I would when brewing a beer with dry yeast?
2) I have a 6.5G glass carboy and a 6G better bottle that I can use for this...is that OK?
3) The instructions don't have me aerating the must prior to pitching the yeast...should I anyway?
3a) If I aerate, is an aquarium pump and stone OK for use in wine like I do when making beer?
4) The instructions have the wine 2 weeks in primary and 2 weeks in secondary. Is that OK or should I alter that for better results?
5) How much of the instructions should I toss and replace with better advice, like those included in some extract beer kits?
This is the kit: