Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Portable march Pump  (Read 2754 times)

Offline beer_crafter

• Assistant Brewer
Portable march Pump
« on: May 24, 2012, 02:15:10 pm »
Other than the "Wort Pump In a Toolbox", are there any other designs for making a march pump portable?  I don't need great portability, but I can't mount it to a brewing structure either.   Just need to be able to have it free-standing, basically. 

Offline gsandel

• Brewer
  • www.onbeer.blogspot.com
    • On Beer
Re: Portable march Pump
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 02:30:23 pm »
I used to have it in a plastic toolbox, but found that the weight of my valves and fittings was making the pump not work so well (you'd have to see the crazy manifold I constructed), I removed it and mounted it to a 1 foot piece of 2x12 with a waterproof switchbox....I clamp it to a sawhorse that my mash tun sits on.  The whole system breaks down and stores in the garage.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen...

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 03:56:42 pm »
Here's the link to the thread about the portable "pump stool" I built to hold my pump and plate chiller.

pump stool
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified

Offline boapiu

• Cellarman
  • Arlington, TN
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 12:49:25 pm »
I just finished reworking my pump so it is portable. I will email you the photos, if you like.
Beer is an ancient beverage that has been consumed as part of a balanced diet for centuries - it contains the goodness of sprouted grain extracted into rich liquid and fermented to produce a nutritional 'liquid cereal' beverage.