General Category > Equipment and Software

Sweet Deal in Copper Tubing

(1/2) > >>

rjharper:
Cheap 3/8" copper tubing at buy.com.  Its $40 for 50' with free shipping and no sales tax, unless you live in an unlucky state.
Wort chillers for all...

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=90142946

rjharper:
And it arrived today.  My free, 9 business day shipping actually came from a warehouse 75 miles away, so I got it overnight, for free!  Apparently I'm making that barley wine this weekend after all.  I'll post a pic of the finished chiller when I'm done.

weazletoe:
Not a bad deal. I actually got a beter deal on mine. It was free. I built a 50'er, and that thing is A BEAST!!!  You are going to love yours. (and if you don't do it already, sir your wort opposite the flow of your coil, and your temp will drop even faster)

toastedman:
        not sure i'm understanding this, (stir your wort opposite of coil flow)  do you mean the liquid inside the coil, or the curvator of the copper itself. i already have whirlpool cooling using a pump. i gotta try this, mabey i going the wrong direction, i'm always looking for a better way.  

rjharper:
I added a 330 gph pond pump, figure I'll recirculate ice water for a faster drop.  All part of graduation from extract to all grain

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version