Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: My letter to SWMBO  (Read 16264 times)

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
Re: My letter to SWMBO
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2012, 12:55:01 pm »
http://www.maytag.com/digitalassets/MGT8775XW/Standalone_1100X1275.jpg

this is what i have.  brings three gallons to boil quickly, just that even without boil over i still drip along the kettle or get condensation from the combustion along the top of the cook top.  pain in the ass to clean off.  my favorite is the small oven on top. good for quick pizza, one tray of cookies etc. 
Don AHA member

Offline FirstStateBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Delaware
    • First State Brewers
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2012, 12:55:27 pm »
Pics and story please?
Well, if you insist!

Took this pic a couple days ago when I started the project and before I bought the insulation board.  Since then I've got a lot done, but not finished, yet. 

First, I put it up on casters.  Then, I cut out some of the insulation board and wedged them into the frame along with the sunroom wall cutout that I'm using for the floor. 

I placed a cornie keg in there and realized it was not tall enough.  So I cut away at the 3 1/2" thick floor to lower it into the frame by an inch & a half.  Also, I raised the top by 2 inches.  However, I had to be mindful of the fact that the whole thing needs to be able to roll underneath the table/workbench I have in the garage. 

I think I did it right.  I'll have more pics later tonight or tomorrow!

In the mean time, SWMBO just texted me complaining about the 2 inches of sawdust covering her car!  I told her not to worry.  It will rain tomorrow and it will all wash off! LOL!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:58:11 pm by FirstStateBrewer »
Scott B

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2012, 01:03:57 pm »
I realize SWMBO is tongue in cheek, but it's still stupid!  Meh!

Jesse

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2012, 01:20:54 pm »
SWINO she who i never obey. ;D, i guess that is not very nice either. also not true in my case because i like my bed.  but i think i will lay off the acronym for awhile anyway.
Don AHA member

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2012, 01:27:15 pm »
Swino... :D

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2012, 01:38:34 pm »
Thanks all :)  We're having a night out in our old neighborhood, two new breweries have opened in Ballard since we left.

I really hate that acronym, I just do.  So I usually have to say something whenever someone uses it.

But on the topic of people living in adversarial marriages.  It seems too many guys I hear on these forums talk about how they hate taking up the kitchen for so long, their wives hate when they brew, hate the smell, blah blah blah.  Wow, sucks to have a wife that is so conditional.  Makes me sad.  And taking up the kitchen for 4-5 hours?  Can these people's wives stand to be out of the kitchen for that long?  I don't get it...

It's like when I hear guys say when they try to change their facial hair that their wives HATE it and make them shave it off.  Makes me sad.  Just imagine if you told your wife you hated her new haircut, how would she feel?  Not good right?  These wives just don't seem to think that through, it's a 2 way street.  Makes me think these guys married the wrong women.
You're so angry all the time.  And you seem to be confusing hating something with hating the person doing the thing you hate.  Plus don't forget, the people who get kicked out of the kitchen are thrilled to be able to spend money upgrading their equipment for outdoor use, I've never seen anyone actually upset about it.

If my wife told me she thought I looked better without facial hair I would shave it because 1. I don't really care all that much, and 2. she spends more time looking at me than I do.  I even ask her what she thinks when I change my facial hair for the same reasons.  If I don't like her haircut I can tell her that - she listens.

I'm currently growing a beard at her request, so tomorrow I can shave some big muttonchops for a 70s party we're going to. :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2012, 01:51:43 pm »
I realize SWMBO is tongue in cheek, but it's still stupid!  Meh!

I do believe that's the first time I've seen "meh" used as an exclamatory term.
Bravo.
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2012, 02:19:27 pm »
Oh I know.  I've always been the one people picked on.  I just never quite fit in anywhere.  Sorry to have ruined the original poster's thread, he had good intentions.
Jesse

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2012, 03:33:45 pm »
Thanks all :)  We're having a night out in our old neighborhood, two new breweries have opened in Ballard since we left.

Completely off-topic, but are you coming out to brew tomorrow? I would love to hear reviews of those 2 breweries. (Hillard's and Reuben's, right?)

Happy Anniversary!

And on topic, My wife loves the fact that I brew and drinks almost as much beer as I do, but she hates the mess I make when I brew in the house, so I have moved outside. She pretty much approves of any homebrew-related purchases I make, especially if it increases my speed or reduces my mess. Oh, and for our 2nd anniversary, my wife and I are attending the beer and food pairing dinner at Pike. That was her idea when I was talking about pre-NHC events.

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2012, 04:00:22 pm »
Swino... :D
yeah euge, hope this one doesn't come back to haunt me.  i will be living in my shed.
Don AHA member

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2012, 04:04:52 pm »
Oh I know.  I've always been the one people picked on.  I just never quite fit in anywhere.  Sorry to have ruined the original poster's thread, he had good intentions.
Hey, you fit in here. and you ruined nothing.  had the thread not expanded some in its discussion we would have missed several things

1. Tom's anniversary
2.  The OP's pictures
3. Me eventually getting in trouble for my new acronym (i am sure it has been used elsewhere and I am going to swear off of it for the rest of this thread)
Don AHA member

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2012, 12:26:39 am »

Completely off-topic, but are you coming out to brew tomorrow? I would love to hear reviews of those 2 breweries. (Hillard's and Reuben's, right?)
Reuben's isn't open yet, we did a drive-by and they say June 2012.  We went out early to the breweries, then a couple of other places for snacks/dinner.  Good times.  :)

We hit to Hilliard's and NW Peaks.  Really good beers at both places.  At Hilliard's the stout was my favorite, but the amber was nice too.  SWMBO loved the saison, although she thought it was way too sweet for a Saison but a delicious Belgian beer.  At NW Peaks the Colchuck Pale was her favorite, it was nicely hoppy.  I really liked all of the beers especially the ginger pale, but the winner by far was the 1st anniversary beer he aged on Palo Santo wood - really strong coconut-like flavor that was amazing.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline FirstStateBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Delaware
    • First State Brewers
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2012, 06:00:12 am »
Here's more progress on the fermentation chamber.  Got the foam all welded into place.  Just need to buy some hinges so I can mount the doors!

Here it is rolled under the workbench where it will stay!

Scott B

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2012, 08:36:45 am »
Here's more progress on the fermentation chamber.  Got the foam all welded into place.  Just need to buy some hinges so I can mount the doors!

Here it is rolled under the workbench where it will stay!

Nice, looks totally at home there. as if the whole thing was one unit
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline FirstStateBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Delaware
    • First State Brewers
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2012, 11:21:11 am »
Nice, looks totally at home there. as if the whole thing was one unit