Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: hudge amount of hops (pellets), no bag. its that a problem?  (Read 6436 times)

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
Re: hudge amount of hops (pellets), no bag. its that a problem?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 07:08:34 pm »

I always thought it came from homebrewers wanting to do what commercial brewers do.  In a commercial fermenter, you have maybe thousands of gal. of beer sitting on the yeast causing a lot of pressure. 

This was my understanding as well.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
hudge amount of hops (pellets), no bag. its that a problem?
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 07:09:45 pm »

I always thought it came from homebrewers wanting to do what commercial brewers do.  In a commercial fermenter, you have maybe thousands of gal. of beer sitting on the yeast causing a lot of pressure. 

This was my understanding as well.

To me, one of the best things about being a homebrewer is that we don't have to do what commercial brewers do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline kylekohlmorgen

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Saint Louis, MO
    • The South House Pilot Brewery
Re: hudge amount of hops (pellets), no bag. its that a problem?
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 07:20:21 am »

To me, one of the best things about being a homebrewer is that we don't have to do what commercial brewers do.

Yeah... like brew beer for a profit! (see previous comment about 10 oz of pellets in 5 gal batch - I'll bet that one is goooooood)
Twitter/Instagram: @southhousebrew

Recipes, Brett/Bacteria Experiments: http://SouthHouseBeer.com/