Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: SCORE!!!! Yes, I'm Bragging: Stole a 10 Faucet TRUE Kegerator  (Read 9937 times)

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
Re: SCORE!!!! Yes, I'm Bragging: Stole a 10 Faucet TRUE Kegerator
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2012, 11:19:04 am »
If the kegs are clean and sanitized I don;t see a reason to use starsan or bleach in the water. One could use boiled water, but they are meant to be temporary anyway- right?
Yeah they'd be fine with just tap water for a long time at 34-36 dF if they were sanitized prior to filling.  I like the mild starsan idea though, then you could pull one when you're ready to keg, push the starsan with CO2 and you're ready to fill a keg.
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified

Offline jet.gorilla

• Cellarman
SCORE!!!! Yes, I'm Bragging: Stole a 10 Faucet TRUE Kegerator
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2012, 12:21:14 pm »
i was looking at your pics and saw the museum pics.  does your wife know you are taking pics of women in a museum 8)
she's the one who made me take the leap into brewing.  she has to drink gluten free beer and whats available isnt good to her so i thought i could learn to brew Gluten free beer for her.

my first try was a GF ale that tasted pretty good.  the second one will be ready this week (put some honey in it). 

museum was versaille. 

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2012, 12:49:29 pm »
i was looking at your pics and saw the museum pics.  does your wife know you are taking pics of women in a museum 8)
she's the one who made me take the leap into brewing.  she has to drink gluten free beer and whats available isnt good to her so i thought i could learn to brew Gluten free beer for her.

my first try was a GF ale that tasted pretty good.  the second one will be ready this week (put some honey in it). 

museum was versaille.
I'm told Northern Brewer is selling an additive that is supposed to knock down gluten in beer.  A gal at the last brew contest I judged said she was intolerant and it worked for her.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2012, 05:29:01 pm »
If the kegs are clean and sanitized I don;t see a reason to use starsan or bleach in the water. One could use boiled water, but they are meant to be temporary anyway- right?

Euge, you're probably right. I may be a little over cautious.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2012, 12:23:06 am »

Euge, you're probably right. I may be a little over cautious.

LOL

I think it's supposed to be used in the described concentrations and only 1 minute contact time. Normal use. Also that it shouldn't be in contact with steel for a long time. And never mixed with chlorine.

I'd rather just sanitize the keg again right before filling it. If one's tap water grows stuff without any added sugars then they have a problem.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2012, 08:39:29 am »
Looks like a nice system.  Your gonna be busy getting that system filled up and maintaining it for sure.  You'll definitely have to have an Oktoberfest party or something similar.  If you don't mind the upkeep...it's got your name written all over it.  8)
Ron Price

Offline zen_brew

• 1st Kit
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2012, 09:26:51 pm »
 That is a very sweet kegerator my friend!!  Congrats and Cheers.
Beer is like liquid sunshine, and we need all the sunshine we can get in Seattle.

Do not one day come to die, and discover that you have not lived.

Offline GolfBum

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lakewood, CO
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2012, 03:12:36 pm »
Dear mother of God that thing is awesome. I would love to get something like that all set up while my girlfriend is at work and see her face when she got home and saw it. I think she would be pissed but my friends would be so happy. I need to start saving my pennies.